“Very nice surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fridas Grill and Cantina

Fridas Grill and Cantina
Ranked #32 of 445 Restaurants in McAllen
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Come for the food, stay for the wine!
San Antonio, Texas
“Very nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and we decided to give it a try. I was a bit disappointed shortly after our arrival as our server seemed a bit harried with only three (then four) tables to serve. However the food exceeded my expectations, and live music with two singers was very enjoyable. The meal was a bit pricey, but in our opinion was worth the fresh organic veggies, freshly prepared great tasting selections (except the Milanesa which someone in our party reported was greasy). I'll certainly give this place a try next time I'm here!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Dr Y

Connecticut
“The Best Mexican Food I have had in the RGV!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My fiance' and I had the pleasure of dining here on a Thursday night and I loved it. It is in a section of Mcallen that gives you a nice flavor of the area and the ambiance is great. Although this place is normally full on the weeknds, you can expect to have a quiet, personal experience during the week per our server. My guest and I were the only ones in the resturant and our server was attentive, while being respectful not to be a nuisance to a couple. The food was also steller as was the wine.

I would highly recommend this for a romantic dinner, a sample of great mexican food or just a fun night of good drinks. It is in the perfect location to go out for dancing and drinks afterwards or a nice stroll.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank KellyWoo
“The best, Valley's #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This is a must visit for anyone in Texas.
went above and beyond to make my visit memorable. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank mirelle1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hidden secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great gourmet family restaurant. Had dinner with my family. Very attentive staff didn't finish our drink when there was the waiter with a new one. Food was exquisite. I had the steak well done and it was really juicy. Best food I had in a very long time. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gramos28
“Beyond Deliciousness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is a must visit for anyone in Texas. Great atmospher, the food and the drinks were exquisit . I recently celebrate my bday there and the managers and serves went above and beyond to make my visit memorable. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited January 2014