“Buen hecho”

Fridas Grill and Cantina
Ranked #53 of 464 Restaurants in McAllen
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Come for the food, stay for the wine!
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Our family went for dinner after reading the other reviews. I was surprised to find such a wonderful restaurant in McAllen- one that I had never heard of before, despite living here for 9 years. I could go on and on about why we had a great experience tonight- but instead, I'll give you insight by highlighting some of what was said at our table..."that's my favorite guacamole", "what's in this salad dressing, it's amazing", "hey try this one, it's so good", "I ate the whole steak, every bit of it was good", "I love this dessert". I'll admit- it wasn't a cheap meal, but we did get appetizers, drinks, steaks, and dessert, so we expected to pay a little more than our usual. I assure you, that everyone loved the meal, the ambiance, the staff, the whole experience...we'll be back!

2  Thank Steven S

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I had the perfect wedding at Frida's back in Nov. 2013. Mr. Sergio Luna was nothing short of awesome. The ambiance was elegant and inviting. The food was phenomenal! A big thank you to Mr. Luna's mother who suggested the lobster bisque. The place is a perfect balance of indoor/outdoor setting. Frida's wait staff was attentive and spot on. We highly recommend this venue for any occasion from weddings to a night out.

1  Thank rubensal
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Went there for dinner tried their steak it was amazing. Service was excellent. Jorge was his name is hands down the best waiter in the rgv. After a great dinner we enjoyed drinks in their patio area. Their bartenders made us the perfect fridarita which tasted excellent. The band was incredible! The security their were well dressed and friendly all while making it feel safe to be their. Hands down best place on 17th, best place in McAllen!

2  Thank mgar87
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and we decided to give it a try. I was a bit disappointed shortly after our arrival as our server seemed a bit harried with only three (then four) tables to serve. However the food exceeded my expectations, and live music with two singers was very enjoyable. The meal was a bit pricey, but in our opinion was worth the fresh organic veggies, freshly prepared great tasting selections (except the Milanesa which someone in our party reported was greasy). I'll certainly give this place a try next time I'm here!

2  Thank Dr Y
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My fiance' and I had the pleasure of dining here on a Thursday night and I loved it. It is in a section of Mcallen that gives you a nice flavor of the area and the ambiance is great. Although this place is normally full on the weeknds, you can expect to have a quiet, personal experience during the week per our server. My guest and I were the only ones in the resturant and our server was attentive, while being respectful not to be a nuisance to a couple. The food was also steller as was the wine.

I would highly recommend this for a romantic dinner, a sample of great mexican food or just a fun night of good drinks. It is in the perfect location to go out for dancing and drinks afterwards or a nice stroll.

3  Thank KellyWoo