“Favorite of all national Italian Chains with apologies to Olive Garden”

Carino's Italian-McAllen
Ranked #208 of 445 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Waitstaff
Amarillo, Texas
“Favorite of all national Italian Chains with apologies to Olive Garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I got hooked on Carino's when one opened on I 40 west in Amarillo. I am happy to report that the McAllen version is as good as my original. Even, consistent good food with great size helpings. I usually get 2 appetizers the "fire sticks" and the Italian nachos. Both are great, tasty and filling. Occasionally I get a full entree and have covered just about the whole menu. Meatballs with simple pasta is a favorite but I also love the Chicken Parm. The sauce is consistent, not too acrid, with a touch of sweetness that resembles the home made "gravy" by friends in south Philly. I also like the Alfredo sauce, but it is not my favorite. You want a filling, great priced lunch? Hit Carino's and get a couple of appetizers, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013

Edinburg, Texas, United States
“Appetizer was very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Very good food. Service was great. We really enjoyed the food at the Carino's especially the appetizer.

Visited August 2012
Bartow, Florida
“Interesting, but not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Like to try different places, not bad, but there are others I like better. Husband didn't care for the flavor of the sauces. It was ok.
It's been awhile, might try again some day. maybe.

• Visited May 2011
Bend Oregon
“Late afternoon lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stopped in for a early dinner and when we placed our order the waitress informed us we could have the same thing off the lunch menu for a lesser price. We took her suggestion. Had a great lasagna, salad, marvelous bread and wine for a exceptionally good price. Good food, good price, good wine, what more could you want.

Visited March 2012
McAllen, Texas
“great food and great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We arrived in time for happy hour and tried both the bellini and margarita. Both were excellent and a bargain. I ordered the spicy chicken romano and asked for extra spicy. It was perfect when I tasted it. My children ordered lasagna and spaghetti with meatballs. Both ate every bite, including two loaves of fresh bread with olive oil to dip it in. Over all a great night.

• Visited October 2011