I simply needed a quiet retreat for a couple of nights after coming to town for a wedding and staying at a relatives house. Since this was priced just moderately above your usual Express-type hotel I decided a splurge a little and I am glad I did. While maybe not deserving of an Excellent rating outside of McAllen, it would certainly be a solid choice in even Dallas or Houston. The hotel is beautiful and the entrance leading up to the front door is eye candy and a very popular spot for photographers.
I am fairly low-key so I didn't request much in the way of service, but everyone I came across was polite. Since this is a historic hotel keep in mind that the rooms will vary in size - some may be on the tight side and some rooms have very poor views. As for the views, you're in McAllen...I doubt very many people spend much time looking out the window but if that's important to you it might be smart to make a request before checking in. The rooms facing the pool courtyard appear to be more appealing and larger. While some of the furnishings looked a little tired, the rooms themselves are updated, tastefully decorated, and comfortable. I am not very familiar with the neighborhood other than it's not glamorous but nonetheless a very close drive to nightlife and restaurants.
I know the common areas were recently renovated and I think it looks very fresh, modern, and crisp while keeping all the Spanish character that makes this hotel very unique and a stand-out from everything else in town. If you are looking for a hotel with character and a little out of the ordinary in McAllen, this is your home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historical, full-service luxury hotel originally built in 1918 is located in the heart of the city within walking distance of the entertainment & downtown shopping district. It is conveniently located 2 miles North of McAllen Miller International Airport and La Plaza Mall. The charming hotel combines the magic of yesterday with the conveniences of today offering a rich experience of hospitality, luxury, and comfort; a blend of the old-world and the contemporary unparalleled to any other hotel in the valley. Our full-service hotel features a total of 165 deluxe guestrooms, 24 hour business center, 24 hour state-of-the-art fitness center, on-site restaurant, bar, private club lounge, stunning courtyard pool and up to 6500 square feet of elegant event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Casa De Palmas Hotel Mcallen
- Renaissance Mcallen
- Mcallen Renaissance
- Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel Texas