When you first see the hotel, it immediately has the appearance of a very charming / rustic facility. The accommodations - overall - for this business trip, were acceptable. Bed / bathroom / cleanliness / television all fine. Service and style at the restaurant were probably the highlight of this stay.
But I'm going to point out the parts I did not like. I did not like the fact that the air in my room felt damp... Nothing worse than waking up with a sore throat because of the air quality. Either the air system needs updating / or filters changed / something.
Additionally, I did NOT like the fact that my status as a Marriott member was neither noted in my reservation nor acknowledged during any portion of the stay. It's the little things... I'm on the road all the time... So to at least feel welcome means something... But I wasn't - no notice of my upper tier status - no offer of a free bottle of water - no breakfast coupon - no thank you for your continued participation - nothing. This dissatisfaction, I believe, can be attributed directly to the Front Desk who seemed bothered by both me checking in and then inquiring about why my status was not on the reservation.
On a more positive note, the hotel is very convenient. Easy to get pretty much anywhere from there... Best of all is the restaurant across the street - Salts... Unbelievably great... The draw of the restaurant would probably be enough to bring me back to the hotel... It was that good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historical, full-service luxury hotel originally built in 1918 is located in the heart of the city within walking distance of the entertainment & downtown shopping district. It is conveniently located 2 miles North of McAllen Miller International Airport and La Plaza Mall. The charming hotel combines the magic of yesterday with the conveniences of today offering a rich experience of hospitality, luxury, and comfort; a blend of the old-world and the contemporary unparalleled to any other hotel in the valley. Our full-service hotel features a total of 165 deluxe guestrooms, 24 hour business center, 24 hour state-of-the-art fitness center, on-site restaurant, bar, private club lounge, stunning courtyard pool and up to 6500 square feet of elegant event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Casa De Palmas Hotel Mcallen
- Renaissance Mcallen
- Mcallen Renaissance
- Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel Texas