Stayed here for one weekend and it totally exceeded my expectations. To be more specific I have divided my stay in different areas.
Checkin- Check out
Both super fast, but it's really what you expect in these hotels. So nothing really special here. The clerk was really nice, But again, nothing spectacular.
The "problem" with these hotels is that you do not interact with the staff, apart from the clerk, the hotel was only guests. I do have to point out that during breakfast, the man in charged didn't changed the packages for the juice machine, so not a big deal, but he wasn't perfect. The cleaning ladies did a great work.So overall the service was very good.
All rates include breakfast, which is slightly better than the average. There is a bit of fruit, eggs (they change them every day, bacon, ham, etc...), waffles, bread, cereal, juices and yogurts. Fortunately the eggs weren't the pre-made ones that are even found in 4 star hotels, they actually tasted good, so the breakfast did exceeded my expectations.
As seen in my pics posted, it's a very large room that can easily fit 5 people and is perfect for all the shopping bags. The bathroom layout is very strange to me, but it's ok. Even though is not old, the room starts showing some details that would require a nice remodelling/work done.
There is a pool and a gym, I bet no more than 10% of hotels in McAllen have those two. The gym is small but in good shape and very complete. The pool is indoors which is nice if outside is less than 90 F.
Overall the hotel is really nice, service is good and rates are very decent. Location is not the best, but they do offer a shuttle to La Plaza Mall, which is 5 minutes away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, 100% non-smoking. Acrros the expressway from the new McAllen Convention Center. Conveniently located on the new urban West side of McAllen, with great restaurants featuring Romano's Macaroni Grill, PF Chang's, BJ's Brewhouse and Longhorn Steakhouse. Across the expressway from McAllen's newest shopping, Palms crossing, featuring Best Buy, Bath and Body, and Barnes and Noble, to name a few. Complimentary transportation to McAllen International Airport and local area shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites McAllen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Mcallen Hotel Mcallen
- Fairfield Inn Mcallen
- Fairfield Mcallen
- Mcallen Fairfield Inn
- SpringHill Suites McAllen Texas