“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in McAllen
Cancun, Mexico
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a great property, spacious and beautiful rooms, free wi-fi, modern, clean and tidy... Very nice staff, very accomodating! Gym is small but it has a couple of treadmills and that´s enough! Breakfast is pretty good.. it has healthy options! I am not crazy about the coffee but it´s ok! This is a perfect hotel for family shopping weekend trips!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Antonio
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Tremendous service, great room clean comfortable and a wonderful walk in shower. The staff is outstanding with the breakfast and the desk staff is incredible. If you're in McAllen this is a great place to stay with lots of things close by.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stay here about three times a year. The wifi though is terrible. I just need enough to use facetime with my family. Speed test says less than 1 mbs every night. It speeds up after midnight. Breakfast is good. Gym is decent. Two treadmills, two ellipticals and a good assortment of dumb bells. The even do a weekday social hour with appetizers and beer/wine M-F. I used to stay the a Casa de Palmas, but not anymore. The casa smells bad and is noisy next to the rr tracks. Stay here instead of the casa de palmas.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side away from the main road and road traffic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Maybe it's the chocolate chip cookies they bake in the afternoon, but they do try their best to give you a good experience here. Room is solid, although bed could be more comfortable. Lots of plugs, decent Internet quality and clean, clean. For a few nights at a good rate, it's a good deal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I were recently there for a tragedy in our family. The front desk staff worked diligently in assisting us during our stay. We had to obtain another room since my husband became sick and I had to move to a lack of an immune system. They were able to secure a room right across the hall from my husband which made it easier for me to deliver food to his room, etc. I believe the Front Desk Manager was Vivian; and, she was extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Austin
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Modern new SpringHill Suites follows the Marriott branding. Great service at the front desk and lovely help for breakfast. We stayed one night after being "walked" from the Residence Inn which we always stay in while in McAllen. Pleasantly surprised with the service and cleanliness. We had one issue with the HD on the TV and maintenance was up in the room in five minutes. Very good service all around!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
everlbanco, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites McAllen was enjoyable.

Evaristo Blanco
Front Office Manager
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
1800 South Ware Rd.
McAllen, TX 78503
Tel. (956) 682-6336 Ext. 508
Mission, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My family and I rented two adjoining rooms at this hotel. 2 days after we stayed, I noticed 2 additional 175.00 charges. Upon calling I was told it was for a dirty room charge, that there was beer spilled everywhere, stains, etc. NOT TRUE! We did not even have beer and only slept in 1 of the 2 rooms. No eating, showers, nothing. After talking with manager, I was told that he did not have time to deal with it right now. My husband had to go to hotel and front desk clerk would not let my husband speak with manager. He had to track down manager himself inside hotel. The manager then told my husband that it was a mix up and refund the money. We just now got the refund 1 week later. Make sure you pay with CASH if you must stay here bc if they have your card number they may just charge it up!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan L
everlbanco, Manager at SpringHill Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites McAllen.

You indicated in your response that our staff and billing issues was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.