“Comfortable hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in McAllen
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The rooms are very clean big and nice, the hotel is a good deal and the staff is nice and always tries to be of help.
Its located near the shopping centers, airport, hospitals and from down town McAllen.
Between this and the many other hotels near by (I've been in most of them) its the best deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room on the back part of the hotel, towards the pool, as far away as possible from the fre...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paco711119

Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location. The lobby is nice and the people were nice. The pool area was kept clean. The elevators were noisy when you are in them and kind of slow.

The actual hotel room was big but the bathrooms are small. The beds are strange, there is a lever on the side to adjust the firmness. I hate sleep number beds or that type of bed, but at least this one was more comfortable than a sleep number bed. Everything looked pretty clean except a few hairs in the tub which I have found is pretty standard in any similar category hotel. (I travel with Clorox and Clorox wipes to make sure my rooms are sanitary and clean!)

I had the breakfast downstairs one morning and the eggs were cooked fresh and tasted great and the bacon was good but the rest of it was just ok. The biscuts were dried out. Of course you cant mess up cereal or yogart! The guy servicing the tables was very friendly and helpful!
We travel to McAllen frequently and would probably stay there again.

Stayed: May 17 to 18, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Barboo83
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn McAllen. I understand that you encountered an issue with the cleanliness of your bathtub, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Based upon your review, I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I’m sorry the biscuits dried out and will work with our food & beverage team to correct that going forward. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time your travels bring you to McAllen.

Jaime Estrada

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Front desk staff is great. Were able to get us rooms last minute. Rooms are clean would definately recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in McAllen, TX in June 2011. Nice property, good location, friendly staff, great breakfast, but I was bitten by bed bugs. Brought this to the attention of hotel management, but received no apologies. In fact no response at all which was disappointing given all the positive attributes of this property.

Room Tip: Check behind bed frame and mattress for bed bugs.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with us. Although this happened in June 2011 we are making full efforts to look into the situation to make sure our guests are taken care of. We do have a monthly inspection by our exterminating company (Ecolab) and have passed each time. Unfortunately I do not recall hearing of this situation and would like to further discuss your experience. We want to make sure that all of our guests are comfortable and satisfied. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 956-664-2900 or email me at jaime.estrada@hilton.com so that I can resolve any concerns you may have.

Jaime Estrada

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Everyone in the staff of this hotel makes you feel at home. From the manager, the front desk, even the maintenance persons. One outstanding of all is Fabian, he is the cheff and his attitude keeps all happy. He will cook anything that you want for breakfast, remembers your name and is an uplifter to start the day.

Jaime, one of the managers, even went out of his way and took me to the store, waited for me and took me back. I haven't seen such personal service in many years.

I see families enjoying the pool and overall this is a very nice, clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Jaime E, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Mr. FloresMeyer,

Thank you for your kind words. We here at the Hilton Garden Inn strive to make sure every guest is well taken care of. I will mention your comment to Fabian he will be very happy to hear what you said.

Best Regards,
Jaime and Staff

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We decided to choose a central location along the Rio Grande for a week long birding trip. The McAllen HGI was perfect for this as it is in easy driving distance of Salineno to the west and South Padre Island to the east. The entire staff was welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast buffet offered a nice mix of hot and cold choices. We chose a "King" suite which was not large but it gave us a little extra space for relaxing after a busy day of birding. The bed was very comfortable. The only negative to this hotel is its proximity to the busy, noisy highway. Earplugs were a necessity for us.

Room Tip: Higher floors are supposed to be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed her for about a week in June of 2011 while on business and it served its purpose. This is not a luxury hotel but the staff was very helpful and considerate. The breakfast served its purpose and the dinner there during the week was decent. There is a Crackle Barrel in the same parking lot if you need something to eat and a shopping mall just on the other side of the highway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needed a place to stay in the McAllen area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business