“Stress-free stay”

Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in McAllen
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very friendly, courteous staff. Comfortable accommodations. I had to have some publications shipped to the hotel for an event that I was attending. There was no charge for the hotel to accept the boxes and keep them in the back room until my arrival. I was assisted with the boxes to my car and the gentleman even loaded them for me. I would definitely stay there again if in the area. No free breakfast was the only surprise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Here at the HGI-McAllen we strive to provide the most friendliest and courteous atmosphere to our entire guest with a comfortable stay. Our goal is to make every guest feel happy and stress free when traveling and ready to respond to any request our guest may have. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Thank,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Overall stay good. Breakfast good with fresh fruit and great salsa which I would come back just for more. Staff pleasant and helpful. Rooms clean, but staff kept replacing towels even though I left them hung up. Had mishap with reservation, but was resolved effectively. Restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I’m happy to hear that your stay was overall a good stay and that you will be returning back. I’m also very happy that the issue you experienced was resolved in a quick and professional manner and that the staff you encountered were friendly and helpful.

Thank,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stay here a lot out of necessity, but they get a little crazy with fluctuating prices. Hotels do this a lot, but these guys have mastered it, and its not always good for the business traveler. This property is always clean and the facility is starting to show its age now a days. The odd thing is that there is a Hampton Inn across the street basically, for $30 less, and is newer. I alternate to keep things interesting. The breakfast is good here and you can walk through a few parking lots to get to a few restaurants, so that's good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I wanted to reach out and thanks for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to serve. I sincerely apologize about the rates, but this time of the year is our busiest and rates do fluctuate. Next time in the area please call me so I may assist you with a good rate and keep you as a loyal and happy guest.

Thanks,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The ratio benefits/cost if your are comming for shopping is a bit low, I mean, its expensive and at the very end you dont get that much extra. Breakfast is scrambled eggs, or as you wish you can ask special eggs and they will make it. Bread, beagels, coffee, juice. hot cakes and so. Good location at the 83 express way.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn McAllen for your recent stay. I'm pleased to inform you we strive to offer only our best value to every guest and sincerely apologize if you feel you didn't receive just that. If in the area again, please give us another opportunity to accommodate, and earn your business by offering you the adequate value. Best regards.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was news years - staff seemed more interested in the party seen and the seems typical of the cultural area along with the guest who were loud and drunk in and out - seemed like bad nightmare come true and all the cussing in both English and Spanish was not a good reflection of the a Hilton brand and the area

Also the lounge and restaurant closed early no considerations for the guest - it seems only in this area I experience this and no real recommendations to eat if you want to party and do other stuff they had the answers

not for family

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I wanted to sincerely apologize with the unsatisfactory experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn McAllen. I would like the opportunity to talk to you about those issues and concerns you had. We, here at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen, strive to provide a professional and comfortable atmosphere to all our guests and would like the opportunity redeem ourselves and show you a true Hilton experience.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

All was good but internet access. It was too slow. In today's age we have a tremendous need for internet connectivity and the need for information to be at our fingertips. This was not the case during this stay and is extremely frustrating when trying to access information.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for any issues you experienced with our internet as we have never had any kind of issues in past before. I’m not sure if you were made aware of, but we do have a 1-800 number that our guest can call for support for any internet issues 24 hours and if you did not know, I am truly sorry. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and would like the opportunity to redeem ourselves and if you should have any other concerns, please let us know.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

What pitiful service we recieved at this hotel. Two night stay got in late on our second night and found our room in the same condition we had left it. We had to go get clean towels ourselves and deal with trash containers partially full from the previous night

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of my staff and I we would like to sincerely apologize for your recent stay with us. This is not the level of service we strive for and truly pains us that we have failed one of our Loyal Hilton Honors Guest. We hope that if in the area again you give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you the true Hilton experience.

Sicerely,