Although we have visited McAllen several times, this is our first stay at the Drury Suites. What a pleasant surprise! We chose this hotel because of all the "freebies" and because they are dog friendly.
Free sodas and microwave popcorn are provided in the room every day. Free cocktails (three per adult per night) are provided, along with snacks, in the lobby every evening from 5:30-7:00. They also have a free hot breakfast every morning (scrambled eggs, sausage patties, French toast, biscuits, gravy, Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, toast, bagels, cereal, juice, and coffee). There is also a popcorn machine in the lobby the pumps out fresh, great smelling popcorn all afternoon. Guests can serve themselves.
Our one bedroom suite was plenty big enough for the three of us and our dog. The kitchen had a full sized fridge, microwave, and cooktop, and it was stocked with dishes and cooking utensils.
The living room had a television, vcr, sleeper sofa, recliner, desk, and tables. Free high speed internet is provided, and the network cable is provided for easy hookup. Guests can place 60 minutes of free long distance calls per night per room. The lobby has free wireless.
The bedroom had another television and a closet. The vanity area is seperate from the tub and toilet, which makes it much easier for everyone to get ready in the morning.
There were several sitting rooms in the lobby, all with comfortable sofas and chairs as well as televisions.
They have a decent gym, coin operated washers and dryers, and a little "pantry" open 24 hours a day. It has some snacks, including ice cream, plus videos to watch on your in-room vcr.
The pool is small, but clean, as is the hot tub. There are several seating areas outside and two gas grills for guest use.
The bad things:
The pillows were horrible! The most uncomfortable, cheap, tiny, pillows I've ever seen in a hotel room.
The smoke detector in the living room started to chirp at 3:00 am the first night. After a call to the front desk, the solution was to provide my husband with a ladder to take down the detector, which was attached to the very high ceiling. They did not replace the detector but luckily there was another one in the bedroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Suites McAllen offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Located in the heart of McAllen and just minutes from the McAllen-Miller International Airport, the Drury Suites makes it easy to check-in and head out to explore all McAllen has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drury Suites McAllen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Suites Mcallen Hotel Mcallen
- Drury Hotel Mcallen
- Drury Suites McAllen Texas