“Great Studio 6”
Review of Studio 6 McAllen

Studio 6 McAllen
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in McAllen
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I prefer staying at Studio 6 on my travels. I was impressed by the friendly staff, all received me with a smile and eager to help. The room was home away from home, it is a pleasure to find this comfort when on long trips.I got great use of the kitchenettes, which was convenient. The breakfast, was adequate and filling. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my coworkers and friends. And I will be staying here again. Pat on the back for your great service, breath of fresh air for a weary traveler on on business.

Room Tip: everything was suitable and adequate.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Janie R, General Manager at Studio 6 McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our staff strives to provide excellent service to all of our customers. It is nice to know that we succeeded! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was a little hesitant on wether or not i should stay at Studio 6, based on the reviews. From the moment of arriving there in I knew I had made the right choice. Our room just felt like home. The staff we met from Studio 6 to the managers could not have been more knowledgable , helpful and just the " coolest" people to deal with. This is a place I will come back to when I'm in the area and will tell my friends and family about this place! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is a great pleasure to learn about your positive experience with us. Thank you for the compliment about our staff, we are very proud of the job they do. We look forward to seeing you again here at Studio 6 in McAllen, TX.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

this is the first time we have stayed here. we are in between moving cities and needed an extended stay till my apt was ready in dallas. I figures its a great location close to shopping and restaurants access the expressway quickly. we arrived at check in. the first room we were in the air condition was not cooling down at all. we moved to a different room. we left few a few hours when we returned the toilet was running water and wasnt flushing. we called the front desk they had no one to check.it at the time. so they moved us again..everything was working fine. until at 2am the air started blowinf out hot air. they had to change some piece. the tubs are old. the beds you feel the springs. the pillows its like you are not sleeping on a pillow at all. fridge is rusted floors are stained. my keys wouldnt open the outside door. had to walk completely around the building to walk in the front. the hallways smelled like animal urine and poop..and were so hot..everything about this place just disgusted me. never again will I stay at studio 6

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank sgarcia1105

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, as this is the best way to improve our services. We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and assure you we are addressing the issues you mentioned.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my second extended stay at this facility... My first room 222 was a room with an attached room accessible through internal doors... The door locking mechanism was completely non functional. Allowing anyone with access to the attached room to enter mine. I requested a move which was quickly honored. The exterior door to enter the motel from the poolside was permanently locked open allowing anyone access to the stairwells and hallways. These security breaches were troubling. Again these maintenance issues should have been noted and repaired by Staff.

• Stayed: January 2014
Janie R, General Manager at Studio 6 McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for choosing Studio 6. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. You mentioned a couple of issues you encountered during your stay, and I have addressed these issues with my staff. Again, my sincerest apology, and I hope to see you again in future travels.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks, check-in & check-out simple. Staff were very attentive to our needs. The little kitchenettes are well stocked and reduced dining cost. Location is central to numerous restaurants and shopping areas. The only negative was maintenance issues the AC failed in the first room so had to move from 1st to 3rd floor. That room had numerous issues, they were repaired but should have been found before check-in. Overall though for an extended stay I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clayton M
Janie R, General Manager at Studio 6 McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel. Our staff strives to provide excellent customer service. I apologize that there were some maintenance issues you encountered, but I'm glad we were able to quickly resolve those for you. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We again had an excellent winter here. We are within walking distance to a big mall and many restaurants which makes it very convenient. We have met a lot of great friends here through the
years. We have probably came back to this same motel for the last 6 or 7 years and have always been pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have stayed at Studio Six McAllen, Texas for a few days in each of last ten years and have always had a great stay at a bargain price. Each year we have picked up on-line orders there which we ordered from our home in Jalisco, Mexico. The staff there has always been very helpful anf gracious in handling our orders which sometimes number a dozen or more. Just today, Janie Ramos, got UPS to "return to sender" an important package that was incorrectly sent to us at Studio Six. In addition, the staff there has helped us with our wifi connection and answered our many many questions. With no hesitation we strongly recommend Studio Six, McAllen.

Room Tip: We always request a nonsmoking first floor room near the parking lot door and usually get what we re...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple