“Food is excellent, and then, service is superb.”
Review of Pappadeaux

Pappadeaux
Ranked #11 of 462 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 January 2014

What a place!

This is the second time we have the opportunity of having dinner at Pappadeux, where food is sooooo good. The simplest plate –in my case this ocassion was grilled salmon- will bring a smile to your face.
But even beyond that, this time it was December 31st, and different to many other places where it seems that employees are in deep urge to go home, here they felt us feel –not the cliché of “at home”- but in the top-class place it really is.
Our waiter, Jon, was professional, attentive and with just the right amount of friendliness. Some people in our party do not speak English and he was patient and serviceable.
There was a minor misunderstanding with a plate and it was rapidly solved. Here a hostess got involved and she was supportive of the actions carried by Jon. Excellent teamwork.
And then the best part: Deserts! Don’t miss the Pecan pie, the cheese cake and crème brullé (you must try them all)
You have our strongest recommendation and deepest thankfulness

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

While the ambiance here is great and the quality of service commensurate with what you WILL pay when you dine here, the food is not the benchmark of excellence. Don't get me wrong; almost everything on the menu is good, and that in itself says something about my choice of restaurant. But if I had my way I would go heavier on the aromatics. Some of the entrées are a bit bland for my taste. Cajun should be Cajun, and that's all there is to it. They need to go the full nine yards. Add canapés, pâtés and terrines to the menu and this restaurant will be perfect.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Its not an intimate meal, but other than that the atmosphere is exciting, the smells are wonderful. Come hungry or come often if you want to experience all they have. WHile the Seafood is in their name (the sea bass is exceptional) the steaks are prime and delicious. Share a greek salad for how ever many you want, get the gumbo. I'm getting hungry just typing. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went here to celebrate my birthday, aside from my waitress, everything else was mediocre!
I ordered steamed lobster and was not impressed, it was way too tough, dry and flavorless. My husband ordered a new Orleans pasta, he said it was ok but lacking flavor. What a waste of money and time, very disappointed.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is one of my fav places to eat when I travel to a city where one is available.great fresh fish prompt attentive service always on point with flavor.Nothing can be said.

Been to Pappadeaux? Share your experiences!