Right on the highway, so it's conveniently located to many restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Two restuarants are within walking distance....The Republic of the Rio Grande (which I highly recommend!!!) and Whataburger.
Most importantly, the room!: At first glance, overall our room looked nice, however while settling in for our 5-6 day stay, it was obvious that the room was not as nice as I was expecting. I immediately had to call housekeeping to clean the mildew off the tub/shower area. The rest of the bathroom was fine. The walls were a bit too dirty and could have used a fresh coat of paint. The carpets did not have any debris on them, but after an hour or two of my preschool daughter walking around the room in her socks, the socks were black on the bottom...ick! Same thing happend w/each pair she wore during our stay. One other lady in our group had a problem with mildew in her tub, which she cleaned herself. Everyone else in our group (15-16 rooms) seemed ok with their rooms and the couple others I specifically asked said their room was fine. Noise was not a problem, even with us being close to the elevator. No traffic noise either.
Exterior, lobby, and halls were nice.
The motel next door was a bit run down and unsightly.
Parking was almost gone by 9-10pm, so what happens if you come in later? I wasn't real comfortable parking at the rear of the property as it is b/c of the apts. behind and motel next door.
Pool was small, but clean and centrally located.
Breakfast was decent. By no means bountiful, but not as skimpy as I've seen elsewhere either.
Staff was nice, but seemed overworked. One big problem was that upon our arrival, they were short one room out of our group reservation, making for a very tense 15-30 minutes while they scrambled to find a room to amend their error. Also, we asked several different front desk clerks to recommend a good restaurant unique to that area, and not one of them could do so! Considering their occupation, you'd think they have at least few such recommendations already or at least make the effort to come up with something.
An ok place for our group rate price. It's really time for them to rennovate their rooms.
Would I stay there again? I wouldn't say I'd never stay there again, but unless they've just rennovated, I'd definitely try to make arrangements elsewhere first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites McAllen is 100% non-smoking and within 5 minutes of all McAllen attractions such as shopping, Dodge arena, and the airport. Rooms are all suites and offer free internet, free hot breakfast, and the other amenities you are looking for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Comfort Suites McAllen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Mcallen Hotel Mcallen
- Mcallen Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites McAllen Texas