“Confirm Your Reservation ”

Staybridge Suites McAllen
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
“Confirm Your Reservation ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a 2 bedroom suite here 6 months out (Sept 2013) for Mar 13-16th. Two days prior to my reservation, I requested that my dates be shifted forward a day. They obliged. Later that day, realizing I didn't have the confirmation number, I called them back. The gentleman at the desk told me my reservation had been canceled three hours after I had made the change (I was on a plane at that time, so there was NO way I could've called). After a ton of back and forth (and no one taking responsibility for the mistake), I was forced to reserve the only room they had left--a regular 2-queen bed room. We needed the 2 bedroom suite for a reason, so I canceled and booked two rooms at another hotel. I would've been more calm about the situation if someone was willing to take responsibility for the mistake. I had that room booked for 6 months with a credit card and it was pointless. Never again. Book at your own risk.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Rebecca C
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for submitting a review of your reservation experience with our hotel. We are very sorry that you were not able to stay with us this past weekend, and even more regretful that your reservation was cancelled. Your reservation was confirmed and guaranteed for arrival for this past weekend using an outside source to reserve your room. On Wednesday, one day prior to your arrival the hotel changed your arrival date to Friday as you requested and then later that morning the reservation was cancelled using another source outside of the hotel. Our goal is to bring people in to the hotel and it was never our intention to lose you as a customer, we honor all reservations that are booked and cancel reservations only when asked. We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future or if you would like to discuss further I would be glad to call you and try and convince you that the reservation issue does not reflect our hotel guest experience. Thanks again for your comments and we hope you can give us a chance to accommodate you on your next visit to the McAllen area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here for three days while in the McAllen area for business recently. Overall, my experience was excellent. Check-in and out were quickly and efficiently handled by staff. I stayed in a room equipped with a full kitchen with limited dishes and utensils; king size bed; 32-inch flat screen TV; sofa, coffee and end tables, and a nice bathroom. The furniture and linens were of good quality and the room was very clean. My room was a bit noisy as I was located next to the elevator but it wasn't too bad. The hotel offered a nightly "managers reception" that was free and very good. It included a light meal (baked potatoes, chicken fajitas, hamburgers and hotdogs the nights I was there) along with wine, beer, and/or soft drinks. A good continental breakfast that included several hot items (eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, etc) and standard cold items (breads, juices, yogurts, etc.) was also included. They have a decent business center equipped with several computers. Overall, I thought it was an excellent experience and will definitely plan on returning when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you recieved great service. It's something that our entire staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks in a one bedroom that had 2 queen beds and a full bath. One of us thought the beds were too hard, one of us thought the beds were just right. The sofa in the TV area was bowed, yet more comfortable to sleep on. It was a sofa bed, but we did not pull the bed out. The maid service was great, they accommodated everything we asked for and always brought clean towels. There was a laundry room, free to guests, and so we were able to keep up with clean clothing. On Tues, Wed, Thurs the hotel offers happy hour for two hours and free beer, free wine and free food!! Very helpful as we did not want to go out to eat nor to cook. There was a small kitchenette in our room, but only one burner worked. [Two burner cook top] No stove, but a micro and a 3/4 fridge with nice freezer. HBO was out for a couple of days, but it was not a great problem. One shelf in the closet [which was a nice size, complete with laundry basket!] that had come loose, but we did not ask to have it fixed. And one haunted drawer in the bedroom dresser kept sliding open....weird. The Pantry is a minuscule store to buy odds and ends, but prices are higher than just running over to HEB to get supplies and food. Management was great. There was one day where fire alarms went off constantly as they were upgrading to code on those. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to be put away from families. The last 3 days we were there the kids upstairs made a racket unti...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and we also want to thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites for your extenday stay visit in McAllen. We appreciate your feedback and detailed information on the various items you mentioned in your review of our hotel. With this information we can definitely learn from this experience and then also we can rectify the issues prior to the next guest's arrival. We want to apologize for the inconvenience of the bowed sofa, the loose shelf in th closet, HBO outage and only having one burner available during your stay. Immediately after reading your review we passed along this information to our Housekeeping, Maintenance and Front Desk personnel in order to continue improving our overall customer experience. Again, thank you for your honest feedback and we will address all of these items you mentioned prior to your next visit. We hope to see you!
Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We visited the hotel for a last minite x-mas shopping frenzy and since we arrived we had funky surprise. First, at the lobby, the smell of the place was interesting to say the least. However, the real surprise was in the fourth floor. The smell was so bad that we had to cover our noses and literally run to our room. The good thing was that the room was nice, clean and confortable. The place is great and the service is really good, however, the stench at the hall took points from our experience.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are very sorry for your experience during your stay and we are investigating the matter further. We are not sure if it was our staff not attending to a sewage smell, if it was a room that was not properly cleaned or if it was just plain old trash sitting somehwere that we should have been ready to pick up. Whatever it was we can't tell you how sorry we are for that experience. We appreciate your recognition of the staff and the overall property. Thank you very much for your feedback.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We spent the night. when we got there we noticed that the shower curtain was missing. My wife called the front desk and within minutes they brought us one. The only complaint I have was that the people next to us were loud other than that everything was fine. Also I wish they're dining area was bigger. because we had to take our breakfast to our room. I guess if you want to sit and eat breakfast get there early.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It is unacceptable for you to check-in to a room that is not 100% guest ready. Our sincere apologies for not having your room ready upon arrival. November is a busy month for us and the breakfast area does stay pretty busy throughout the morning especially on the weekends. We do try and open up as much space in the area as we can including the meeting space when available. Thanks again for sending in your comments and we hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

After checking in we noticed that we were missing the shower curtain and called the front desk. Less than five minutes we had someone deliver the curtain with an apology . Then I called to ask for extra towels and again less then five minutes I got many extra towels. Prompt guest service! This hotel is also pet friendly so now I will know for next time. Breakfast was good but way to many people were trying to eat before they stopped serving so I suggest going early. Location is very close to mall!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate the positive comments even though we started your stay off on the wrong foot. We should never allow our guests to enter a room and not be 100% guest ready. Our sincere apologies for not having the shower curtain installed prior to your arrival. We are glad that we were able to make up for that error with quick and efficient service. Sorry about the breakfast rush, November is a busy month for us especially on the weekends. Again thank you very much for the feedback and we hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The wi-fi is updated so the user name doesn't have to be entered and the reasonable length password is easy. I stayed logged in and was able to use my work laptop and my tablet! The breakfast and social evening food is okay, but the biggest improvement is the friendly staff in the dining room replacing food and assisting guests! How nice. My room had several brand-new thick fluffy towels, crisp clean sheets, a very clean shower. The staff at the front desk checked me in and out super fast and gave me a room exactly where I had requested. One of the elevators was broken, but the stairwell is amazingly clean, light, wide, and smelled better than the regular hallways. Take the stairs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for submitting your review. Yes we just recently upgraded the wifi and addressed the evening social for our guests to enjoy both amenities with less hassle. We apologize for the elevator being out of service during your stay, but we were experiencing mechanical problems and had to wait for the replacement part to arrive. We do have a second elevator for guest use and as you mentioned the stairwells if you don't mind the exercise. We appreciate your feedback and thanks again for telling us about your stay. We hope to see you soon.