“Local BBQ is local”

Coach's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in McGregor
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Good portions of meat and sides. We had a Coach's sampler plate with brisket, ribs, chicken, pulled pork and sausage. I liked the sausage and part of the brisket. My husband liked all but the chicken. We both liked the flavor of the ribs, but thought it dry. I liked the macaroni & cheese, but my kid who usually loves mac&cheese didn't. Their banana pudding wasn't bad, but didn't taste homemade.

You bus your own table. The plates are styrofoam, but the flatware is metal, and the cups are plastic. The drink fountain is self serve and has a good variety. There are paper towels on the tables.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

my boyfriend and i used to work at a place in McGregor, and EVERYDAY we came here to eat lunch. first it was brisket we couldn't get enough of the stuff! with the sauce mmm i liked the spicy bbq sauce. and with some potato salad, or the COLESLAW (my boyfriend liked the mac&chz) ohmygoodness! then -after like 3 months- i moved on to the baked potatoes with chopped brisket and the amazing bbq sauce. mmmm. after that we switched to turkey sandwiches yummy! so tender and juicy lol great stuff. all seasoned so good. my mouth is starting to water. so then they started making this jalapeno brisket AMAZING i went back to brisket. the cobbler is good i liked the peach. and if this is anything the pickles they have are my favorite, i would get some to eat on the side lol. and the people were so nice everyday it was nice to see them and talk with them (they even catered lunch at work sometimes). i also got a shirt lol. i just love this place. sadly i moved away but i will be back! btw price is amazing for how good the food is unlike other bbq places which according to their prices organically raise the animals with lots of love.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

When you come to McGregor Texas and stay at the Atria Hotel and RV Park, make sure you stop here at Coach's and enjoy their southern mouth watering BBQ. The down home friendly staff ov ers you a meal you will not ever forget. At Coach's they keep you coming back for more.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We eat here about once or twice a month. My husband loves the giant frito-pie with BBQ instead of chili, I think it's called the Coach's Gut. My daughter said the ribs were great. I have tried the smoked turkey and the brisket, and both were excellent. But my favorite thing here is the Peach Cobbler cooked in a cast-iron skillet. We usually come here at lunch or early evening, but we came one Saturday night and were entertained by a local country band.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was working in the area and driving around looking for a place to grab lunch. I stopped at Coach's BBQ and was pleasantly surprised. The meat was flavorful but not greasy. The sauce was great...and I know sauce. The peach cobbler was made there fresh in a skillet, which I loved. I would highly recommend Coach's, great Texas BBQ.

1  Thank ttot11