“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
The Woodlands, Texas
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We live in Houston and wanted to "get away" and relax. We definitely picked the perfect place for that. The rooms were nice and all the staff were very friendly. The restaurant and bar was also nice and convenient. We enjoyed breakfast each morning in the restaurant and drinks in the evening at the bar. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to others and will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennsimard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Clarendon, TX
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed in this hotel 3 separate weekends the past couple of months. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and menu in restaurant is good. We will stay here again. We did not use the pool but it looks very nice.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and I was quite impressed. The staff made me feel very comfortable and welcome. I needed directions several times and not once did they seem annoyed with my request. Ive had bad experiences at many other hotel when I request directions, the front desk agents would roll their eyes and ask me why I don't use GPS. I ate at the grill located inside the hotel twice and the bartender Alex was so much fun. I was eating alone and he was great conversation. The most important thing is to make sure my drink stays full and he made sure it never saw the bottom of the glass. The food was decent but the alcoholic drinks were fantastic. This hotel is quite and my room was clean and when I asked for extra towels and pillows they were brought up to me immediately.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
McKinney, TX
Reviewed 27 April 2014

As a local resident, I would recommend the Holiday Inn & Suites over the other hotels in McKinney along US 75. Those hotels tend to be older, and come up a bit short in terms of on-site dining and amenities.

To be sure, there are other hotels of similar quality further south along US 75 (in Allen, Plano, and Richardson). However, those hotels could potentially add 10 to 30 minutes to your drive into McKinney and vicinity.

I think the McKinney Holiday Inn & Suites is a good choice if you are going to be in McKinney on business and want to keep the hassles of traveling US 75 to a minimum. In my opinion, it’s a “no brainer” choice if you have more than a day of business here, but then I’m the type who likes to drive as little as possible on business trips. Others may see it a different way.

On a recent stay, our one-bedroom suite was spacious and very comfortable, from the firm bed to the desk chair to the comfortable couch in the sitting room. And quiet too, even though the room was located next to the elevator.

Breakfast was served buffet style, although you can order from the menu if you like. One quibble: the scrambled eggs looked like they may have been overcooked.

We were staying at the hotel while repairs were being made to our home. I guess the bad news is that our home, once repaired, is still not going to look as nice as this hotel was. Oh well.

2 Thank Keith M
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Was in Mckinney for the night with my fiance and we decided to go with Holiday in for a one nighter. The hotel was laid out beautifully. We arrived late so we grabbed a drink and headed for our room. The executive hotel room with a king bed was more then enough space for the two of us. Just wish we didn't have to check out so early. Will def use Holiday Inns more often.

Only con was we felt like the price was a tad too much for an empty parking lot. We paid $125 for a Tuesday night. Would think $89-99 would have been more reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mojofun11
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We were in McKinney to see friends? This hotel is tastefully decorated, clean, has a great staff and is very quiet. We saw families but it was not at all noisy. Very comfortable. Also ver accessible to downtown McKinney

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pete and Dianne K
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Appearance, decor, personnel, rooms, public spaces, restaurant all first class. Earle in dining room for breakfast especially nice. Room quiet. Convenient location for McKinney visit. Wifi speed faster than usual for hotels.

Room Tip: We chose top floor. Did not use spa. Kids activities not a factor for us.