Regency Inn and Suites McKinney
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(McKinney)
The Grand Hotel(McKinney)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2012

At check in noticed a very bad smell, somewhat like cat urine. Got to the room and the room was not very clean. Pulled back the bed sheets and was noticed a few small specks moving. Went to the desk and asked for a refund and that we were checking out. Was told by the manager that he could not give a refund. I told him about the bugs and he told me that they had just gotten the place fumigated. (that would explain the god awful smell) If you want to feel violated and ripped off, feel free to stay there. I will not be staying at another Regency ever...sad that one bad hotel ruined my thought of making another reservation with Regency. You can't even complain to anyone other than the manager, since he is the owner. Sad that he wasn't willing to even refund half of the money. I will be telling each and every one of my friends to steer clear going there.

Room Tip: BED BUGS visible and alive
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 44Tina777
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We have had to stay in McKinney for five nights and were looking for nice inexpensive rooms.
We are very pleased, carpet had some stains but clean. The matresses are brand new, pillow tops and actually more comfortable than ours at home. Nice inside pool. Microwave and ref whch we utiized. Management are extremely helpful and cooperative. YES WE WILL STAY HERE AGAIN. You find something with all motels.

Room Tip: Hotel off highway so quiet. we had room 105. New ac unit
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed on June 21st and 22nd and found bed bugs by the dozens on my bed and in my clothing. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Also room 230 smelled like, well it was hard to describe but it was not pleasant. Had to keep a can of febreeze near the door and hold my breath till it was saturated and it still did no good. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank richard g
Reviewed 3 June 2012

i stay 1night then i find out there is bedbug and carpet smells like dog pee they dont even have clean room as you can see on photo. don't stay there and i ask for my money back they refused to give me a refund. don't stay at regency McKinney. there is other hotel are very good just one block away.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank james981
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We are returning guests to this location and were not disappointed with our stay. Just as before, the property was clean, well maintained, ample parking and the breakfast was also great in the morning...The front desk staff could not have been more friendly or helpful to make sure our room was ok with us and if we needed information on local places. Room was quiet, no disturbances, heated indoor pool and spa, free internet connection no problems We really liked having a microwave and refrigerator in the room and took advantage of the fridge.I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice room for a good price.we certainly will return again when we come back to McKinney.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family