“A disappointment in a favorite motel”

Regency Inn and Suites McKinney
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This used to be callen the AmeriHost Inn - apparently it is under new management.

We've stayed here for years and enjoyed and appreciated the place.

But we had some pretty big problems with this October 2012 visit: they lost our telephone reservation; we had to turn down the first room offered due to food smells; the second room we had to turn down due to cigarette smoke smells; the third room was OK - but - the maid didn't make our bed the first night (we were staying 3 nights); there was no Kleenex and the desk manager said they were low on towels; the sheets had small holes in them; the outer side door security lock was broken - just push to enter - don't know if this is a code violation or not. The desk manager apologized saying, the manager was new, he was new, sorry for all the inconvenience, he's trying his best under difficult circumstances.

We'll probably check it out on our next visit because of its convenient (to us & grand kids) location, but won't hesitate to book elsewhere if they've not resolved their problems.

It's a shame, this used to be a very nice property.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank epicure88

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I don't know where to begin. The door locks where broken. The a/c was off on the floor hallway and in my room. The bathroom was terrible...tub had a dirty ring around it and hair on the toilet seat. The breakfast what a joke I went down for breakfast at 7:30 (just to see) this is what they had two muffins and a almost empty juice cart. I got this hotel through Hotwire which it did not list this hotel. I guess it fell under ( and other brand name hotels) so beware. My family was very displeased and upset with me since I did not read the fine print at that time. I truly believe that this hotel needs to be updated or closed..!!!! ASAP. P.S. the rooms where so nasty looking I slept in my clothes. July 2012

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terrena R
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Well let me start on a positive note by saying that the pool was nice, location easy to get to, and the staff was friendly. Now to get down to the nifty gritty, no pun intended.
The outside doors to access the building were open! No key card required! This definitely does not make a traveler feel safe. The rooms appeared dirty. When we got ready to climb in bed, there was RICE under the sheets and on top of the fitted sheet!!
The shower curtain had mold along the bottom edge of it (time to replace), there was a big stain ??syrup or some other unknown liquid, in one of the dresser drawers, and a couple hairs in the sink-yuck! The breakfast was rationed. Juice almost empty and locked up. Had to go out for breakfast, thus adding to the total cost. Also there was no soap in the lobby/employee bathroom and we notified the front desk, but it wasn't replenished. Next time we will drive down the road. Many other choices.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank humha
Reviewed 7 August 2012

At check in noticed a very bad smell, somewhat like cat urine. Got to the room and the room was not very clean. Pulled back the bed sheets and was noticed a few small specks moving. Went to the desk and asked for a refund and that we were checking out. Was told by the manager that he could not give a refund. I told him about the bugs and he told me that they had just gotten the place fumigated. (that would explain the god awful smell) If you want to feel violated and ripped off, feel free to stay there. I will not be staying at another Regency ever...sad that one bad hotel ruined my thought of making another reservation with Regency. You can't even complain to anyone other than the manager, since he is the owner. Sad that he wasn't willing to even refund half of the money. I will be telling each and every one of my friends to steer clear going there.

Room Tip: BED BUGS visible and alive
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 44Tina777
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We have had to stay in McKinney for five nights and were looking for nice inexpensive rooms.
We are very pleased, carpet had some stains but clean. The matresses are brand new, pillow tops and actually more comfortable than ours at home. Nice inside pool. Microwave and ref whch we utiized. Management are extremely helpful and cooperative. YES WE WILL STAY HERE AGAIN. You find something with all motels.

Room Tip: Hotel off highway so quiet. we had room 105. New ac unit
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed on June 21st and 22nd and found bed bugs by the dozens on my bed and in my clothing. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Also room 230 smelled like, well it was hard to describe but it was not pleasant. Had to keep a can of febreeze near the door and hold my breath till it was saturated and it still did no good. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank richard g
Reviewed 3 June 2012

i stay 1night then i find out there is bedbug and carpet smells like dog pee they dont even have clean room as you can see on photo. don't stay there and i ask for my money back they refused to give me a refund. don't stay at regency McKinney. there is other hotel are very good just one block away.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends