“Excellent food and service on a very cool town square!”
Review of Rick's Chophouse

Rick's Chophouse
Ranked #2 of 301 Restaurants in McKinney
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Whenever I am near McKinney I like to stop into the historic town square for the food, drinks, and antique shopping. This time I ate at Ricks Chophouse and it was awesome. I was there on a Monday evening and I managed to just walk up without a reservation and get an outside table (but the last one). The service was excellent - friendly, good recommendations on the various filet options (grain fed, grass fed, buffalo, elk, etc), and attentive. I had a traditional beef filet that was cooked perfectly and very tasty, and my wife and I split a very nice spinach salad. Although I sat outside, I managed to walk around inside the restaurant a bit and it was also impressive - lots of dark wood, antique looking lighting, massive bar - overall a warm, cozy, comfortable feel.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Took the family to Rick's for my birthday this past weekend. Started off with the pork belly, it was nice and crisp on the outside and tender and wonderful when you took a bite. Cocktails were made well but glasses were on the small side, but drinks were tasty and served their purpose while we looked over the menu. The wife and I had the filet, my son had the ribeye, and our daughter went with a "boring" burger... although it looked awesome and she said it was very good. The steaks were cooked to our specifications and the sides were all excellent. The three of us who are of legal drinking age had a bottle of Parraduxx; its a nice red blend and went very well with the steaks. Dessert was a piece of pecan pie and bourbon ice cream, loved it. The kids, if 23 and 17 yrs are still kids, had the brownie sundae for 2, from the speed they devoured it and the good natured comments to each other about not getting their spoon in the way, it must have been going over well. Overall the meal and the setting was excellent, service was superb as always and the chance to enjoy a fine meal with my favorite people created a new fond memory.

1  Thank TXdirt
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is one of the better steak house in North Texas. Decor is warm and the wait staff does an excellent job.
If you are a fan of pork chops, ther stuff chop is to die for

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is definitely not a place to bring your kids. PLEASE, don't bring your kids. Especially a Friday night at 8pm when people want a nice night out AWAY from THEIR kids. Other than that nonsense the night we went, it was perfect. Everything is a la carte so be prepared to drop some bucks but it's all so delicious you won't care. Best filet I've ever had in my life. Have NEVER been disappointed. Decent lunch menu too to sit out on the patio on a gorgeous day. Either way, you will love it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Best Sea Bass ever!! Great pear martini as well!! Service was nice & friendly. The crab appetizer is also delicious.