“Perfect place for a romantic dinner”
Review of Rick's Chophouse

Rick's Chophouse
Ranked #2 of 291 Restaurants in McKinney
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Caddo Mills, Texas
“Perfect place for a romantic dinner”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Both my husband and I had our birthday dinners here. The food is succulent and the atmosphere is designed for quiet conversation as well as a more upscale experience. My only complaint is the low lighting. The owner or one of the managers will come and chat with each diner for a minute or two. If you are celebrating a special occasion, the staff will make you feel comfortable with out the obnoxious singing that so many restaurants do today. I had the Carpetbagger filet with was perfect, as well as the side dishes which never fail to delight. We went on a Saturday, so the lounge was open and the entertainment was also excellent. The band as well as the singer were in tune and sounded wonderful. I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited July 2014

McKinney, Texas
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I booked the romantic package through the Grand Hotel to include dinner. Despite some miscommunication at the hostess desk, the waiter was attentive. The sommelier recommended a great wine with dinner, which was delicious.

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent food and beautiful setting”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Enjoyed a family celebration at Rick's recently, and everything was pretty near perfection. I ordered the filet, and it was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Others ordered trout and The Cowboy, and raved about their choices. Service and atmosphere were outstanding. The only disappointment was the spinach salad wasn't as special as it sounded on the menu, not bad, but not special. It was a bit noisy on a Saturday night. Might try midweek next time, and there definitely will be a next time.

Visited June 2014
Allen, Texas
“My family's new FAVORITE restaurant”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my absolute hands-down favorite place to go for steak (or pretty much anything else!) My family, who are mostly cattle ranchers in North Dakota, was in town and I took them here for dinner. They LOVED it. My uncle is a pretty hard-to-please steak eater, and he's always expecting something good when he visits Texas. Well he said it may have been the best ribeye he's ever had. I was impressed by that statement to say the least. I know this is where we'll be headed for dinner any time they're in town. They also have the best chocolate pecan pie...ooh!

• Visited May 2014
Houston
“Excellent food and service on a very cool town square!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Whenever I am near McKinney I like to stop into the historic town square for the food, drinks, and antique shopping. This time I ate at Ricks Chophouse and it was awesome. I was there on a Monday evening and I managed to just walk up without a reservation and get an outside table (but the last one). The service was excellent - friendly, good recommendations on the various filet options (grain fed, grass fed, buffalo, elk, etc), and attentive. I had a traditional beef filet that was cooked perfectly and very tasty, and my wife and I split a very nice spinach salad. Although I sat outside, I managed to walk around inside the restaurant a bit and it was also impressive - lots of dark wood, antique looking lighting, massive bar - overall a warm, cozy, comfortable feel.

• Visited June 2014