“Nice hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites McKinney
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Room was nice but did not have hot water for a shower and no coffee pot in room. bkf in dinnering room was nice but no mico wave to heat things. Beds were nice and clean. elevator was low had to take stairs. Nice clean room and smelled good. and ac worked good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara M
LaQuintaTeam, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites McKinney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. We try hard to keep our guests happy.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here this past Saturday with my son and his family to attend my oldest sons wedding reception.
We really liked the location. Our view was of the soccer field and pond.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.

We were able to check in quickly and the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Sunday morning my 3 yr old grand daughter and I went down to eat breakfast and she had a handful of toys. The young man behind the desk was so sweet and friendly when I asked for a small plastic bag to put them in.
I will definitely stay here in the future!!!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lolly58

Thank You for staying at our hotel. We try to do our best with each and every guest.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice, quiet hotel. Easy access off of the Sam Rayburn Tollway. Have stayed here before and would recommend it again. However, during the summer it is very busy on the week-ends due to the ball fields that are across the street. Some breakfast food items can run out during this time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My first ever stay at a La Quinta, though I've traveled globally on business for 35 years. This trip was for personal business, and I was footing the bill, so $89 bucks (with breakfast) seemed like a deal. This particular hotel has great ratings, So I booked it. I just must have hit it on the wrong Day (Sunday night stay).

Pros:
Can request early check-in. I did, though I arrived at 4.
The room was very clean. Kudos to the housekeeping folks.
The air conditioning unit was reasonably quite.
The coffee in the room was pretty tasty.
The staff were very friendly.
Breakfast selection was pretty good.
Cons:
My room was not ready when I arrived.
The first set of keys did not work.
There was no task chair in my room.
The recliner in the room has a knife slice in the left arm-rest.
There was a piece of broken furniture shoved in the corner behind the recliner.
I could only get Spanish language channels on the TV.
At breakfast, some type of potato would have been nice, and the hot foods could have been warmer. Plus, they were out of butter.

Overall, it was OK. It could have been far worst. That's why I give it an average rating.

Room Tip: There is a ballpark on the North side. The South side facing HWY121 (Sam Rayburn) I believe is quiet...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Don T C C

I am sorry that you had a so/so experience. I spoke to the various dept. about your comments. We hope you come back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We are playing Baseball in Craig Ranch a lot this summer so wanted somewhere close and convenient. That is the only thing this place has going for itself. The hot tub that didnt open till 10am was cold every morning and dirty but finally heated up usually around 3pm when it was to hot outside to want to use it. There were more than one very large roaches crawling up walls in stairways that we used because it was faster than waiting on the one and only very slow elevator which cant handle the 4 story hotel traffic and if you wanted something to drink you had to drive up the road to the QT store being the only soda machine there was out of order. There is an on site laundry room that is nice to have when playing multiple games daily you just have to hope the soap dispenser is working or plan an extra 20 minutes waiting for someone to find a key to open it. There were just enough small things go wrong that we will definitely be finding somewhere else to stay the rest of the summer.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am sorry you had this experience. We are taking care of the Hot Tub issue; it is the way it was designed.

We have also contacted our vending machine company and they now have us on a two day a week schedule and in the near future, we will have our own mini store to help accommodate our guests, so they don't have to go to QT.

A La Quinta traveler
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here on my car buying trip. We stayed in the last room they had available. It cost more than the normal room, but was a lot bigger. The hotel was very clean. The main thing that I look at is their bathroom and that was clean also. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and there was enough parking spaces in their lot. The one thing that I did notice was there was some mold in our mini fridge. Other than that I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was good as usual even with high traffic (girls softball team was there).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank You for your comments.