“Lot's of craft brews. Food pretty good too!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pub

The Pub
Ranked #134 of 287 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Armenian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Berlin, Maryland
“Lot's of craft brews. Food pretty good too!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The service was lacking at the bar: however, the onion rings were delicious---and the hamburger was very good. Love the variety of craft brews offered. Visited here twice during our stay in McKinney and would come back.

• Visited August 2013

“How unwelcoming”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed in McKinney for a wedding. Family in from all over country. Party of 15 went to pub Fri before for late dinner and beers. Mgr said we could not use the back room but we could sit outside (during Dallas 110 degree days). Also said under 21 had to leave by 9 AFTER we ordered. No pitchers. Local couple suggested PJ in Allen afer the snotty attitude. We moved the family there. Air con! Friendly staff. Pitchers of beer and all family was wecome. Had great pizza. Will never go go back to this crummy place.

• Visited August 2013
McKinney, Texas
“Outstanding Pub”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

A great place for a burger and a drink. I have read some reviews about bad service, but even on a busy Friday night it was great. I understand that service is in the eye of the customer so all I can judge is what I found.

The burger was great, Guinness cheddar cheese has a great taste. They brought all the condiments out with the burger so I was able to make it mine.

We go regularly and have found that if they are busy you really can't go wrong on the Square in McKinney.

• Visited June 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fantastic beer selection but -HORRIBLE- service”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I have been to The Pub a few times since moving to McKinney nearly a year ago, and while the beer selection is consistently fantastic, with a great selection of both staple draughts and rotating beers, unfortunately the service is equally as consistent - consistently BAD.

I don't know anyone at The Pub and don't hold a grudge against the establishment, but I'm extremely disappointed that a place with so much potential and such a cool concept consistently falls short on service - which is the whole reason they exist.

Tonight's visit was a perfect example. It was a beautiful evening, so my wife and I sat on the patio. And sat. AND . . . SAT . . .

What I didn't realize was that the young lady who had been carrying on a conversation with the gentleman two tables away from us the entire time we waited was in fact our server.

I finally got up to go to the bar and order a couple of drinks, at which time I asked the bartender if anyone was working on the patio. Of course he said that someone was. I told him that we'd been sitting a while and hadn't been approached - and not only did he tell me that I wasn't the first with that complaint, he also said that it was a fairly regular issue that he typically gets complaints about, especially on weekends.

To the management at The Pub; you have some work to do. Again, you have a great concept, but I guarantee that you're losing customers by providing horrible, lazy service.

At the very least you've lost myself and my family, but I would venture to guess that I'm neither the first nor the last. I'm sad to say that I will not be back . . .

• Visited May 2013
McKinney, Texas
“Great beer selection and food.”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Love the atmosphere and the staff is always great! Visit this place bi-weekly, usually more than once on the weeks without the kids. Although my children have "favorites" as well.

Visited May 2013