“Great Ambiance & Good Pizza”

Cavalli Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #15 of 287 Restaurants in McKinney
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McKinney, Texas
“Great Ambiance & Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We tried for years to have dinner in this restaurant on a Friday - it's just been so busy and had crazy wait times up to an hour. Finally we were told we told it was just a wait time of 20-30 minutes, so we stayed.
We waited at the bar had 2 glasses of their "cheapie" Riunite wine and Focaccia appetizer. It was excellent!! I was pleasantly surprised by their " inexpensive" Riunite. It was mellow, smooth and not at all tannic as their menu stated. The focaccia was a great pare with the red wine. My only complaint was the dough was bland and needed some salt and more herby flavors.
We were seated at our table in 20 minutes. We had a busy waiter who forgot to tell is his name. He attended to us well. He seemed to have tables that were scattered in different points of the restaurant. Making it hard for him to continually check in with us.
My guests ordered a child's cheese pizza and Neapolitan pizzas. I had the salad with marinated beets and candied walnuts with goat cheese. My salad had great flavors & textures. It was slightly acidic and sharp but it worked.
My guests had varying opinions on their pizza. Some enjoyed the wood smokey flavor of the dough and some disliked the crust occasional charred blisters. I didn't mind it. I thought it gave a depth to the pizza and pared well with the toppings.
We had two kinds of desserts: a cake, which needs to be deleted from there menu; and a s'more pizza which should was phenomenal! If you love warmed gooey chocolate and marshmallow and smokey flavors.. Wow!! Try this!! Yum!
The price was fair: for my party of four with 2 take home pizzas with 3 toppings combined: $98.
I'll go back :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good pizza and wine selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

if you like thin pizza this is a great place to try, its packed thur-sat night though so either call in or go early. we've eaten here a few times, once the pizza was burnt and a little salty but otherwise its 90% great. its defn an italian feel inside and out and the wine selection fits the atmosphere.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MarisaJ324
Coachella Valley
“Kids loved the Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Kids loved this place, always a line and voted one of the Best Pizzas in Dallas... I get why !

Was a great meal with the family, they will be getting allot of my family Pizza night business this year

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank HummerDad
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Ideal place for a date night out. The Pizza is fresh and different. Try the Nutella dessert is perfect! Regulars now.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Norton501
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My favorite pizza place in the area which is why I am giving them a 4. Its always just right and you don't feel over stuffed afterwards. The white and margherita are my favorites. They also have great salads. The appetizer menu isn't very good. Calamari and the arancini definitely tastes frozen and are overly greasy. The focaccia rustica and truffle fries were both bland.