“Happy with the room for the price”
Review of Motel 6 McKinney

Motel 6 McKinney
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Eagle River, Wi
“Happy with the room for the price”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We checked in about 7pm on a busy Saturday nite. They were soon to sell out. In order to get a room on the first floor, I had to take a handicapped room but it was clean and presentable.
The room had a nice flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. It didn't have a microwave. The only problem we had was that the sheets were really worn, but the mattress was comfortable and
everything was clean. For the $51 price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ada, OK
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Due to an incident in the lobby upon arrival, I didn't get the feeling this hotel was in the safest location. Also many of the people we encountered while staying there were a bit questionable in appearance/mannerisms. When we got to our room (which the clerk walked us up to... don't get that much), we found that our one bar of soap was opened and left dirty on the sink and a washcloth had been used and left on the counter. Not sure how or why this was but left us unsure about the cleanliness of the rest of the room. Although as far as appearance, everything else did appear clean and in working order (basic for sure, but that was expected). The next day, housekeeping left us no washcloths so we made due with hand towels. The tub was large but yet somehow uncomfortable due to its triangular shape. The beds were not horrible but not the best either, although I slept fine so no real complaints there. The hall smelt badly of cigarettes. While I can't ignore those faults, considering what I paid for the room, I can overlook a lot. It was a very good value and served my basic needs for two evenings. I'm just unsure if I would stay here again, will def see what else is out there next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 January 2013

If you are looking for a cheap but clean place that allows dogs I would recommend this hotel. There is a Waffle House next to it and a few bars.

I'm not a big fan of the new Motel 6 modern style hotels because I prefer carpet over hard floors.

I would stay here again while traveling.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
mckinney
Reviewed 5 July 2012

the housekeepers steal! i have been a long time customer there i never had any complaints that was worth me writing a review until now. i checked out and remembered not even 10 mins later i left something in the room i called and the lady was like yeah ok you can come back i told her i was at work but i would swing by on my lunch break and come get it. I leave work a little early to go up there not even 3 hours after i checked out and THEY SAY ITS NOT THERE! bull! the housekeeper had the nerve to yell and get a attitude when asked about it why are you defensive if you didn't steal it? and then to make it even worse they owner had a attitude like it was my fault they hired rouge people to work for them....they have lost a customer!

Room Tip: DONT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and don't touch the telephones inside the rooms1!! you just might get somet...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these McKinney hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Another great find in the Motel 6 family. The only missing thing was a pool...no swimming pool but other than that the motel was great. This one has all interior corridors and an elevator for those who need it. The staff at the desk are awesome!!!! Super friendly and good with directions. The rooms are pretty good size and they all come with a refrigerator and free wi fi. For the price it cannot be beat. This is a refurbed Motel 6 with the wood floors and the bright orange accent walls, flat screen tv's....all in all a great little find.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank stockds
mckinney
Reviewed 27 March 2012

i stayed at this location on in feb. and it was the best stay i have ever had. The beds were great and the wood floors are just beautiful and nice and clean,the front desk clerk are very nice and helpful i will stay at this location again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank candace b
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I recently just stayed there and was there for almost a week, I had to leave today because of bed bugs and I couldn't take it anymore! The manager didn't believe me but yet I have the bites to prove it. He said because he couldnt find any and because the mattresses were new that I had to be making it up. The only person that was nice there was the older white lady, she was the only one who seemed concerned about my incident there. Oh and as soon as we threatened to call the news and report them, they jumped on refunding me only one night and he was going to call "pest controll" he said

• Stayed March 2012