“Good stay !!!!”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Monticello, Mississippi
“Good stay !!!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The staff was friendly, it was clean & a great value.Its right close to interstate.The bathrooms and rooms are updated and clean.Also hard to find pet friendly hotel in area.compare to other hotels in area we found best place to stay for the price we paid.it's great and we recommend others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Louisiana
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel was very mediocre but the rates were super cheap. My friends and I stayed here with our dogs while we were in town for an agility trial. The rooms were a bit small and outdated but were clean. The staff were friendly and there is grass around the hotel where you can walk your dogs. I felt like it was in a relatively safe area and it was close to everything in McKinney including the nice downtown area and the dog park. I would recommend it if you are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Splendora, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The lady at the counter was one of the rudest individuals on planet earth. The reservations could not had been any more mishandle it a monkey had handled them. The next clerk we spoke to could not speak English. If she was speaking English I could not understand her. There is a sign in the lobby which reads no pets allowed. However the same rude lady who was working the counter we checked in was walking her dog in and out of the lobby. I guess the sign does not apply to her. Saturday night the local authorities were called and made several arrest. It seams that almost every one on the second floor felt the need to smoke marijuana. We were there June 21-23 2013 I checked in approx 2:30 PM

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mack M

Travellers are raving about these McKinney hotels

Eagle River, Wi
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We checked in about 7pm on a busy Saturday nite. They were soon to sell out. In order to get a room on the first floor, I had to take a handicapped room but it was clean and presentable.
The room had a nice flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. It didn't have a microwave. The only problem we had was that the sheets were really worn, but the mattress was comfortable and
everything was clean. For the $51 price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Ada, OK
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Due to an incident in the lobby upon arrival, I didn't get the feeling this hotel was in the safest location. Also many of the people we encountered while staying there were a bit questionable in appearance/mannerisms. When we got to our room (which the clerk walked us up to... don't get that much), we found that our one bar of soap was opened and left dirty on the sink and a washcloth had been used and left on the counter. Not sure how or why this was but left us unsure about the cleanliness of the rest of the room. Although as far as appearance, everything else did appear clean and in working order (basic for sure, but that was expected). The next day, housekeeping left us no washcloths so we made due with hand towels. The tub was large but yet somehow uncomfortable due to its triangular shape. The beds were not horrible but not the best either, although I slept fine so no real complaints there. The hall smelt badly of cigarettes. While I can't ignore those faults, considering what I paid for the room, I can overlook a lot. It was a very good value and served my basic needs for two evenings. I'm just unsure if I would stay here again, will def see what else is out there next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 January 2013

If you are looking for a cheap but clean place that allows dogs I would recommend this hotel. There is a Waffle House next to it and a few bars.

I'm not a big fan of the new Motel 6 modern style hotels because I prefer carpet over hard floors.

I would stay here again while traveling.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
mckinney
Reviewed 5 July 2012

the housekeepers steal! i have been a long time customer there i never had any complaints that was worth me writing a review until now. i checked out and remembered not even 10 mins later i left something in the room i called and the lady was like yeah ok you can come back i told her i was at work but i would swing by on my lunch break and come get it. I leave work a little early to go up there not even 3 hours after i checked out and THEY SAY ITS NOT THERE! bull! the housekeeper had the nerve to yell and get a attitude when asked about it why are you defensive if you didn't steal it? and then to make it even worse they owner had a attitude like it was my fault they hired rouge people to work for them....they have lost a customer!

Room Tip: DONT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and don't touch the telephones inside the rooms1!! you just might get somet...