“Disappointed”

Best Western Plus Mckinney Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked this hotel because of the location. The suite was more expensive but the King room was not available for our date. The room had two queen beds, sitting area, fridge and microwave. The beds were crammed into one half of the room - so close to each other and the wall that we had trouble getting into bed. The air conditioner was inches away from one bed. It was obvious this was a regular room that was made into a more expensive "suite" by cramming another queen bed into it.
The bathroom had good counter space and was very clean. However, when we got ready to shower, we discovered we had no bath soap and no facial tissues.
We could hear people in the room above us walking - very thin ceilings and walls.
The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was clean.
The Wi-Fi signal was weak in the room. It was fine in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: First floor "suite" was not a good value. Don't know about other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glo62

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We do a lot of road tripping and like to stay at budget hotels as long as they meet a few criteria: free WiFi, refrigerator, microwave, guest laundry and free breakfast. This place meets those criteria and we found our stay to be very pleasant. The room was nice and clean and it was quiet. Breakfast included hot pre-packaged omelettes, sausage and biscuits and gravy in addition to the usual cold stuff. We thought the waffle iron was cool, it made waffles in the shape of Texas. Yee Hah! All in all, we would stay here again coming through McKinney. The only fly in the ointment was that the bathroom light became intermittent late at night. Annoying but not a show stopper. We let the desk know when we checked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was in town alone for a meeting. I picked this place for location and it worked out just fine. You are right by the freeway without being close enough for the noise. Downtown is just minutes away and is full of good places to eat. Room was clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was good, and the wi-fi worked. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ftrdds
Vijay P, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Mckinney Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay in McKinney. We appreciate your business and we would love to accommodate you in the future if you are ever in the area again. Please keep us in mind!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The hotel is what I have come to expect from a Best Western in the US. I feel like I got what I paid for....a clean, comfortable room. The staff was friendly and courteous. The hotel itself is a little hard to find, tucked away amidst some stores and restaurants. The bed was not super comfortable, though not the worst hotel I've ever slept in. The hotel breakfast is a nice convenience. One word of warning: there is a church that meets in one of the meeting rooms on Sunday morning, and they play loud music. If you plan to stay over Saturday night, you may want to request a room away from that conference room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AharonG

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in McKinney. I apologize on behalf of all of our staff for the inconvenience of the noise from our conference center. Please keep us in mind for any future stays in the area as we would love to accommodate you again and will take care of anything you may need!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Our family got together in McKinney and stayed at the Best Western. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff at the desk was extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good as well. We will certainly consider staying here again. Road construction on Hwy 75 is a problem, we avoided that for the most part.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I will admit I was somewhat hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but since this was a priceline express deals purchase, I was kind of stuck. It turned out to be a pleasant five night stay.

The hotel is somewhat hard to find. It is hidden behind a Golden Coral and Whataburger. Take 75 Northbound and exit 40A. Follow the service road and you will see the BW sign from a distance. The hotel is set back from the highway and for me that's a plus because you don't hear all the highway noise. Several gas stations, a CVS, Big Lots all within walking distance. Easy access to 75 but there is alot of construction on the service road and the main road around the hotel.

Check in was quick and simple and the man who checked us in was very friendly and pleasant. Our room on the second floor was immaculate. It was spotless. Bathroom was spotless as well. No hair or other residue was found in the bathroom. Towels were very clean, sheets were white and not spots or stains on the carpet or bedding. Very, very clean. Room had microwave, fridge, and coffemaker with coffee packets. Everything was clean and in working order. Bed was too hard for my taste but that's a personal preference. Pillows were too soft and need to be replaced. Blankets were clean and stain free. Wi fi was iffy at best. That was my only issue with the hotel. It never really worked the five nights i was there. It didn't matter where you moved to in the room; it never worked. I did complain to the front desk and she offered to move us, but I didn't want to repack everything so I just used my android phone as a wi fi hot spot to get internet service. Room was quiet and the a/c worked very well. No noise and stayed on all night. Overall, happy with the room.

The breakfast was ok and we only ate there 2 mornings. Waffles, fruit, eggs, sausage, premade omlettes, pasteries, coffee and juice. It wasn't horrible, just bland and high in carbs. We ate at McDonald's down the road one morning and Golden Coral another morning. And you can't take food back to your room either. My son wanted to take a banana with him and the the woman working the breakfast area stopped him and wouldn't let him take it.

There is a pool but we didn't use it and there is a small fitness center as well. Laundry room as well.

The ground of the hotel were clean and I was able to get a close parking spot every night. The trash can by the front door stayed full and overflowing for two days before someone finally threw it out. A little off putting and not a good first impression of the hotel, in my opinion.

Allen is three exits back (exit 37) with tons of shopping (outlet mall) and restaurants.

This location worked well for me since just about everything I had planned on doing was up and down 75 so it was just a short drive to Dallas, Northpark Center and downtown. About a 30 min drive (depending or traffic) to Dallas attractions.

They will put a hold on your CC at checkin for incidentals. Parking is free. Overall, our stay was pleasant and we had no issues. I would stay again if I needed a hotel in that part of town.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This stay at this Best Western in Mckinney was not one of my better stays.
When arriving at the hotel, if not for my GPS I would have pass right on by. After arriving I was greeted by a person with a mouth full of food. Gave me bad information concerning breakfast, I could go on. I just want to make a long story short. Just Pass on by this Best Western!

Room Tip: Just Pass on By..........................
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family