“Clean but unfriendly staff and horrible breakfast”

Best Western Plus Mckinney Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Check in went smoothly and our room was clean. Downfalls the you could not sit on the sofa in the room, it would cave into the center and you had to be helped out. The beds in the rooms are so hard that it is like sleeping on ply wood. Breakfast was horrible there was a little league baseball team staying at the hotel so when we went down to the breakfast area there was no where to sit. My husband is disabled so he had to go back to the room. There are signs all over the place that say don't take food back to the room. The gravy for the biscuits tasted like flavored water, the eggs were under cooked, and there was no bread for toast. The day of our departure it was pouring down rain so we call to ask if we could get late checkout and we were informed that if we wanted to stay past checkout time it would be a $25 charge. I have never ever been asked to pay a fee for late checkout at any hotel I have ever stayed at. I told the desk clerk that I was a Platinum Member but he indicated that did not matter that there would be a $25 fee if we stayed past noon. We will not stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SlowPoke1960

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Beautiful - The Staff hotel which is newly renovated. Very clean. I will definetly stay here again and recomend anyone looking for a nice accomodation. The Breakfast was much better and has lots of items to choose. The yogurt was great and cold as I like. I like the idea of keeping jelly, butter in the small referigerator. Orange juice was great. The regular coffie was great as well. Overall extremly well prep and quality of food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 44,644
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staff was very courteous. Very quiet hotel. Peaceful. Would stay again. They will work with you on $$$ amounts. Very pleased. Room was very clean. No complaints here. Good location for convenience. Close to the freeway. Rooms nice and dark for sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We usually stay in Best Western hotels when we travel. The room was satisfactory, though showed signs of age, but what really upsetting was when we were told that we could not bring breakfast back to our room. There are signs posted, as well, ordering guests to not bring food back to their room. I have NEVER been in a hotel where the staff ordered guests not to eat in their rooms. And, btw, there is a refrigerator in the room. I am aghast at the poor customer service and imperiousness of the hotel manager, who informed me (through his clerk) that this was HIS policy, not Best Western's. If customer service is important, if you want to have a cup of coffee and sweet roll in your room while getting dressed in the morning, then find someplace else to stay. I will never come back here.

3  Thank Bonnie G
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Everything was very clean. I was a great stay. I really enjoyed the savings. It took a little time on the phone but I got it. I had to tell them that I wanted a better price. They could not do that at the hotel but I called the 1-800 number and I asked for a better price that I could go to PriceLine and pay less. I got the Manager's special. So get you fact in order. This way I could cancel 24 hrs before if my plans changed. Very nice hotel and was very pleased.

1  Thank Theresa B
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here one night and it was great. Very clean, beds were very comfortable, and staff was polite. The bathroom is big enough for two to get ready at the same time. It also was quiet and peaceful. We would stay here again.

2  Thank Lwomack
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Room 100 shower would turn off when knob was turned to hot, so only cold shower could be taken! When we called room service they offered to let us change rooms.

Room 101- was supposed to be non-smoking but bathroom smelled like cigarettes. Stopper in sink broken and stuck shut. Refrigerator froze drinks into ice, no temperature control found. Welcome folder absent so I had to use the one in room 100 to determine tv channels.

People above us stomped and jumped late into the night and early in the morning.

Continental breakfast was very good. Staff was very courteous .

1  Thank dsliger1