“We booked our next stay before departing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McKinney
McKinney Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 McKinney B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“We booked our next stay before departing!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I cannot say enough about this wonderful B&B! My sister, mother and I stayed one night in the Family Suite upstairs - had our pick of 6 beds and private sitting area. Vicki is the perfect hostess, so warm, welcoming and personable - love her! She has thought of every detail to make guests feel at home, down to treats, personalized coffee mugs and earplugs :). Three different kinds of homemade biscotti (YUM) were waiting for us when we woke up, along with three mugs, each one with our first initials!! The fabulous three course breakfast included chicken and waffles which were out of this world, along with breakfast "banana splits", and a dessert. Vicki had asked us upon our arrival what time we'd like breakfast in the morning, so although there were two couples staying in the downstairs rooms, we were able to eat by ourselves in the dining room - I have never experienced a hostess at a bed and breakfast willing to stagger the meals so people can have privacy - loved it! What a nice touch!
The beds were very comfortable, and although it was over 100 degrees outside during our stay, the upstairs room stayed amazingly cool - the air conditioning works great (always a plus for those of us who over-heat easily in Texas!) My sister has asked for Vicki's detergent recipe because the sheets and towels smelled so great :).
We have discovered the perfect get away and look forward to returning in November for another girls weekend. And then it will be cool enough to enjoy breakfast on the inviting front porch :)

Room Tip: The Family Suite upstairs is great for groups!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sedonahiker96
Vicki H, Owner at McKinney Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
You know I love you girls! Can't wait to see you in December!! (I am so sorry that I am a dork and never paid attention to Trip Advisor and thus didn't thank you for this VERY kind review!) Love getting to spend special time with yall when you are here, and it means SO MUCH to me that you head my way every few months!!! (However, if I recall, we have a lunch date between visits! Call me!)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was hoping to get my wife away for an evening just to unwind, relax, and refurbish. What we experienced with Vicki and Mckinney B&B exceeded all my expectations. Vicki and her family really care about people -- not that normal care of providing good service so that folks will return and spread the word, but a caring about the happiness of each and every guest. The accommodations were elegant, the service extraordinary, and the food unbelievable. This rooms are expensive, but the experience is more that worth it. We cannot say anything to properly describe how wonderful our stay was.

Room Tip: You will need to call ahead of time to secure a room as McKinney is a very desirable location.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chuckbianco
Dearest Chuck - You and Pat will always stand out to me (in our first months of being open) as the kind of people that make every second of our hard work worth it. Getting to meet you, to sit and visit, to connect the way we did, was a blessing to me! I don't know if I ever told you this, but that day that you called me to book, we were going to take the next night off, our first in several weeks. But then you told me how you wanted to "whisk" you wife away because she had just organized a retreat and needed a little R&R. I was hooked. I HAD TO MEET YOU, and I am so glad I listened to my heart and told you to come on! Hope to see you again one of these days! (And you will take advantage of my awesome new senior adult rate!!!) Love you both!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My friends and I stayed here over the weekend and haven't been able to stop talking about it. We love everything about McKinney B&B. The service was way beyond our expectation, the food was AMAZING and plentiful and the rooms were roomy and comfy. The upstairs room can accommodate up to 8 people; it has plenty of beds and couches which can be used as beds. There is also a good size sitting area right outside the room. If you are staying in McKinney, this is the place to be. It's about a 10 minute walk to the square where all the restaurants, antique and other unique shops are. We will stay at the McKinney B&B again whenever we return to the area.

Room Tip: The Green Room is perfect for couples, it is very cute. The Family "Sweet" is upstairs, i...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TripItPris
Thank you for this kind review! I am just now seeing it (gasp!) and it means so much to me, especially given the situation (my absence, ahem!!) around your visit! Please come back one day so we can actually meet!! And thank you again for choosing McKBnB!
Dallas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Just returned from a "girls trip" to the McKinney Bed and Breakfast and we can't wait to return! McKinney Bed and Breakfast is an easy walk to the downtown square where you will find many unique shops and fantastic local restaurants. We stayed in the Family Sweet and it is the perfect spot for good friends to gather. It is the only room upstairs and can comfortably sleep 6. In addition to the bedroom and lovely spacious bathroom there is a wonderful sitting area with 2 love seats.
Vicki is a wonderful hostess and is a joy to get to know! Our room came complete with plenty of free bottled water and snacks, wine glasses, and a wine bottle opener. There is also a great supply of board games.
We enjoyed a DELICIOUS breakfast on her wonderful front porch before returning to the square for a second day of shopping.
I highly recommend McKinney Bed and Breakfast and hope to visit Vicki on a regular basis either with friends or for a quiet weekend away with my husband.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank KEBDallas
March 2013?! This review is so sweet, and it was the very first one that we got on Trip Advisor, and I am just now figuring all this out! So thankful that you and your pal were able to get away for a night and can't wait to see you again in a couple of weeks! Thank you!