“Right down from Trade Days...Our Usual Stop”

Jalapeno's Mexican Grill
Ranked #130 of 296 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is where we go to eat after walking at Third Monday Trade days,since its not to far from it on the same road.Just make a left coming out of trade days.It will be on the left in the 1500 block of W University.You do have to look for it as it is in strip mall in the back not near the road.They give you chips,salsa and a small bowl of queso.Salsa is good and the queso is basic cheese dip but I find myself eating it as is is a little something different to eat with the chips .The food is good as I esp enjoy the mexitacos.Not bad Tortilla soup either.There is two sides to the restaurant along with a bar on the right side.Not a very fancy place at all and the booth seats are a little worn but everytime I go I see lots of familys enjoying their meals,and the waiters are attentive.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The food here is just so-so but they have appear to have a very loyal fan base amongst the locals. I hear the waiters and greeters calling people by name as they walk in the front door so they must be repeat diners!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have to admit that I had the greatest fajitas at this restaurant. They were sizzling and steaming and tasted delicious. Generous portions of food

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Tasty mexican food if you are looking for a quick meal or to go order. Nothing fancy hear but good food for the price. They have reasonably priced beer on tap.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

This place is probably one of the best Mexican Joints in the Collin County area!

The place that sucks is Jalapeno Tree, some of the reviews here are obviously confused. I have been eating at this place at least monthly since 97... and the Staff is the same people!

The Brothers that own the place are always there and genuinely care about the customers and always provide a great meal at a great price and the servers remember the regulars.

Jalapeno Tree, has new help all the time and is poorly managed.

Go try Jalapenos on 380 Bhind Cicily's another great joint, and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank newton4mark