“Ask for free sample!”

69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Ask for free sample!”
Reviewed 26 July 2009

The Mom & PopCorn shop will give you a free sample of just about anything in the store so you can "try before you buy". They have over 45 different flavors of popcorn, making it somewhat overwhelming to pick which flavor you want. So asking for a sample is a great way to decide which one(s) you like best. Their $1.25 snack size bags are an economical way to buy a small portion of several flavors, or they will mix different flavors in the same bag if you ask. My favorite flavor is "creamy dill".

They also have gourmet fudge, saltwater taffy, nostalgic candy in glass jars that can be bought by the pound, and other fun and tasty goodies.

The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to make your visit fun and nostaglic. If you are in the downtown McKinney area, this is one stop you have to make!

4 Thank ned4me

Dallas, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best little candy store I've ever seen!”
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I love this store! It reminds me of some candy stores my late Grandfather would take me to when I was very little. I couldn't wait to share the store with my children. They had been in other candy stores, of course ... but they knew this one was special when we walked in the door. They were so excited - and I loved showing them the old-fashioned candy that my mom (their Grandma) had told them about, as well. It was a wonderful little trip down memory lane - and an opportunity to share a piece of my past with my kids.

3 Thank displacedyankee109
McKinney, TX
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kid place”
Reviewed 21 February 2009

Ths is a very nice place to take the kids

1 Thank FCDallasMcKinney_TX
Mckinney, Tx
“The BEST!!!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2008

The best popcorn/candy store in Texas!!! All the different varieties and flavors make it a fun stop while you stroll downtown!!! My favorite it the tomato basil popcorn...I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves tomato basil soup!!!

3 Thank sweetbri21
Ft Worth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Popcorn and Candy in McKinney”
Reviewed 25 March 2007

Just off the square in McKinney we stumbled upon a great old fashioned Popcorn and Candy Store. The MOM and POPcorn Company. They have a bunch of popcorn and they let you sample any of them. The candy is all nostalgic. I havent seen Cherry Mash since I was a kid. Home made fudge and real glass bottled sodas. The place was packed when we went. I will come back for my Christmas gifts. A really fun store. lots to see.

3 Thank Wilkersons