“Would have rated it zero if I could”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
“Would have rated it zero if I could”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Checked in evening of October 11th, 2013. One of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stayed at. Paint on door peeled, tub dirty, counters dirty, etc. I use a CPAP machine and the electrical outlet stopped working in the middle of the night, terrible night's rest, fixed that issue by utilizing another outlet but I was wide awake by the time I moved machine. Breakfast was cold, inadequately stocked.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Boatdrinks65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

i happened to check in on a day when your computer system was down. Despite the challenges, the staff, especially shailika, was very professional, courteous and worked really hard to minimixe the poblem a dead computer surely brings. Great job!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Quality Inn H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
We would like to take the time to thank you for your wonderful compliment about Shailika and am very pleased to hear your check in was smooth and effective. We appreciate reading such great reviews and will be looking forward to your next stay.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Bathrooms were filthy, room was dirty, the room was small as eff, they never cleaned our room. The mean indian guy wouldnt accomoadate for our breakfast. They were pubic hairs on the toilet and the showers couldnt consistently stay at a normal temperature. Their were wet boxers in the drawer, and the doors would never lock. The worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Wangwong

Travellers are raving about these McKinney hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

On a recent trip to McKinney Texas, my family had the occasion to stay at the Quality Inn. We arrived approximately at 2:30 in the early morning after a grueling 21 hour drive from out of state. We were greeted by a nice young lady who moved us quickly through the process and handed us our room key with a smile. As we prepared to head towards our room I asked her if they had a water fountain or a vending machine that sold bottles of water. So she directed me to the dining room across the hall and told us to help ourselves with any coffee, tea, juice or water. She was very kind.

A couple of days had past and rather than find another hotel, we decided to extend our stay. So I walked into the lobby and noticed there was a different clerk working. That morning, we were scheduled to meet a Realtor in the lobby and unfortunately we had missed the Free Continental Breakfast the hotel offers. So I had gone to the nearest fast food restaurant to grab a quick bite to bring it back to the hotel. With food in hand and not wanting to eat in the front lobby, I asked the desk clerk, “Excuse me, if there is someone asking for a George, could you please tell her that we were in the dining area?”

Suddenly there was dead silence. It seems as though at least 15 seconds had passed without even a reply from her. Then she looked up and rolled her eyes at me like one of children after I told them to pick up their toys or in this case as if I asked some ridiculous request. After the long delay and those rolling eyes of hers, I just told her, “Never mind, I’m sorry that I even disturbed you.” I walk away livid! To be treated so rudely by one desk clerk after having such a wonderful experience with another was shocking. The next day we decided to check out and you'll never guess who was working? But of course, my not so favorite desk clerk whose name starts with a V and ends in nessa.

I walked up to the desk and waited for a “Can I help you Sir?” But that never came. So I told her I was checking out. Then I explained that late in the evening, someone in the room next door had come in late and slammed the door so hard it caused a picture on the wall to come crashing down shattering the glass all over the room. Rather than asking me if anyone was injured, she asked me, “Are you sure you didn’t hit it or bump against the picture?” I was taken back! I said are you kidding me? Well long story short, her attitude certainly hadn't improved any from the previous day, so I bit my lip, kept my cool, and decided to write this review.

In closing, our stay at the Quality Inn overall was fabulous. The room service was awesome, the rooms were clean and comfortable, it was conveniently located, and most of all the prices were very fair. Ironically, we are considering moving to Texas and I have always heard all about how warm and respectful Texans are. This was certainly a very disappointing experience for me, especially when I found out that V_____nessa was not just a desk clerk, but a manager. So who was I to complain to? Will I come back and stay at the Quality Inn next time I am in McKinney Texas? Maybe. But if I do you can bet your britches I will call ahead ahead and if she is working I WILL find another hotel and spend my hard earned money somewhere else. You can count on that!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ImGeorge
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

My wife and I spent a night in this Quality Inn, in McKinney, Tx. The room was spotless, the bed was very comfortable- in fact, I haven't slept that well in a very long time. I normally am up before 5am, but I was so comfortable, I slept in 'til almost 9!

I made a couple trips to the front desk, and was greeted by the manager, Ms Vanessa Segundo. What a wonderfully pleasant woman... she always had a big smile for me. I asked for some cream for coffee, and also asked if I could possibly trade in the two "decaf" coffee packets for regular coffee, explaining that my wife and I drink coffee pretty frequently, but we don't care for decaf. Vanessa not only traded my decaf for regular- she even gave me a handful of extras- something she certainly didn't have to do, but did so anyway, and with a great attitude, smile and personality. The next morning, for breakfast, Vanessa even helped me make a waffle for my wife. (I'd never made one before) I would highly recommend the Quality Inn, in McKinney Tx to anyone who wants a great, friendly experience- without breaking the bank!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dean J
Quality Inn H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
We would like to thank you for your review. We always love hearing great things about our property and staff and hope to have you back soon.
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

My host booked the room for me as I was in town to attend a conference in McKinney. The room was good and so was the bathroom which was clean. The House keeping did a good job by providing clean towels and linen everyday. I was totally disappointed with the phone in my room as it never worked and missed all my calls including the calls from my home in India. I complained about this at the reception and they promised to fix it but I had the same problem the next day too. My host who booked the room for me was very cross and expressed his anger at the receptionist and the phone began to work the next day. The breakfast was good and filling but I had difficult time communicating with the Mexican girl (I presume) in the restaurant. On Saturday night the parking lot was over crowded with the cars of those who were attending the loud music show in the next compound. It was a noisy night. While I had some nice experiences with the hotel, a lot has to be improved on the hotel part.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for the great things that you have to say about our property and as to the other important information that you mentioned we are working promptly to improve in theese areas and greatly apreciate your feedback.
PADEN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

The room was very clean. The manager on duty was pleasant. The heat in the room only kept the chill. They did offer us an upstairs room but that was not an option for my handicapped mother. The parking spaces were ice packed which also made it difficult.

• Stayed December 2012
We apologise about the inconvenience that you had to endure with the heater and parking. We were able to fix the heater because of your feedback and are working promptly on resolving the parking issue thank you very much.