“Burger King is better”

Cuisines: International, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2013

After waiting 2 hours for 3 tortilla's en 1 burger chef the burger was cold inside . The burger came 15 minutes afreepte tortilla's . Don't eat here ! What a deception !

1  Thank Worldtravellerdjt
Oliver2111, Manager at Restaurant La Villa del Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

we experienced more movement than expected this very evening.
The time on your order shows that we reached peak during the time
your order came was taken. Your waiter admitted at our end of the night
review that he failed to submit your order to the kitchen right after
you had placed it. He feels very bad about that mistake and
I assure you Sir, that we are highly motivated to do the best possible.

In fact I do remember you, your wife and your two teenage kids.
I would have been able to do much more about this situation
given the chance you told me right at the moment I asked you how everything was.

We are glad that at least your wife and the kids enjoyed the burritos and
thank you Sir for your understanding, a busy night is full of challenges.

Thank you for coming, have a safe trip.

with kind regards

Oliver Dittmann
Manager at
La Villa Del Chef

There are newer reviews for Restaurant La Villa del Chef

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Ate here twice, reasonably priced and many choices. We ate the vegetarian burgers and the burrito. Both excellent. Portions are pretty large, people complaining about the crispy fries are just people that are used to Mcdonalds Frenc fries. These fries are one of the best I ate (and I am from Belgium), big slices with a crunch coating, not too salty at all.

Strawberry & blackberry frozen fruit shake was delicious. Staff was great, some were being trained and only spoke Spanish, but they were very friendly and service was pretty fast.

This is not a michelin star restaurant but a traveller star restaurant. If you eat outside during sunset there can be flies... like in every other spot outside on Flores.

3  Thank pabloeskimo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The food was wonderful and filling. The service was great and one of the owners stopped by our table to ensure everything was perfect. Beyond the expertly prepared food and great service the personal touch is what will make this stand out in our minds. They are involved in making the community better which was uplifting to see. If you are looking for a break and a few extra veggies this is the place to go.

2  Thank StephanieTorg
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Being out in the middle of nowhere in Guatemala, my expectations were not very high: simple but honest food is usually the most I can wish for in such places. This restaurant surprised me in every detail, I have to say! First, the juices I ordered were made into frozen smoothies -- very refreshing for such a hot place, and much appreciated after a long day walking all around the beautiful Mayan ruins of Tikal. Next, a tasty (& free) loaf of bread covered in pumpkin seeds, which seemed like it was made locally (not sure). And then the main course: a fresh water fish which is a local delicacy (forget the name...). Not only was the fish itself very tasty and plentiful, but the sides were excellent too. The fries were home made wedges (not the frozen MacDonald's-like stuff you get everywhere), with a tasty garlic/parsley flavoring. The salad was mostly cucumber and was simply delicious, with a home made dressing that was not overpowering in flavor. Did I mention that the setting is superb, with a view to the sunset over then lake? Finally, service was WAY above average for Latin American standards. You can tell the staff is well trained! I think I'll be going back tomorrow for more - but this time leaving space for dessert!!!

4  Thank F8R8
Oliver2111, Manager at Restaurant La Villa del Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Feriva888, thank you for your review. We are trying hard to get everybody happy. The smoothies are all natural pure fruit, ice cold & freshly prepared, no preservatives or water added. The bread we bake daily (my grandma´s recipe). The fish is the famous white fish "Blanco". The fries are real potatoes made fresh with homemade seasoning. All our ingredients are fresh, I myself do the buying every single day, ensuring quality & freshness! Thank you for recognizing this extra effort also in regards to training the staff! Thank you & have a safe trip!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I wandered here to simply get a snack of guacamole after an overnight bus trip from Guate City. I expected simply some chips and fresh dip.
Instead, it was a lovely pile of amazing homemade tortillas, creamy guacamole, fresh red beans and jalapeños, and the ripest tomatoes I have found inCentral America.
I was so impressed with the impeccable ingredients that I went back for happy hour and dinner, (try the mojito and the pescado blanco!).
I also made a pit stop back through Flores on my way down through Guatemala from Belize and went back and brought friends.
Some of the freshest ingredients in all of Guate, a kind staff, a wonderful vibe.

3  Thank Sam B