“Amazing Hotel!”

Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Flores
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My family and I stayed two nights at Las Lagunas in August 2013. I cannot say enough about this hotel. The service was great. I was nervous about staying there with my 4 kids, ages ranging from 1 year to 10 years, but the staff made us feel so welcome and were very kind to my kids. The hotel was very comfortable and it made visiting Peten a great experience. I'd read reviews about other hotels in Flores that didn't have hot water or who's lights went off for the night at 6 PM. I was really happy to find this hotel where my family could be comfortable and not have to "rough it".

We did the natural reserve tour, which was great. My kids were a little disappointed as they were expecting to see animals in more of a "natural" setting and not in cages, as you would a zoo. I have to say I was also expecting that too, but nevertheless, it was still great.

Iara and the rest of the staff, including the chef, were amazing and very attentive. I would definitely go back, but unfortunately, this stay was a splurge for my family. But we have some great memories. I would highly recommend it if you don't mind spending the money!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica S
IARA L, Gerente at Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Hello Jessica!
It was very nice having you and your lovely family stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you had a great time in Peten and that we could be a part of it.
We appreciate your kind review, it really help us improve in every aspect and it encourages us to enjoy our jobs. That is why we love what we do!
Kind regards to everyone.

The Entire staff

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Las Lagunas on our overnight trip to Tikal from Belize. I can honestly say our only regret is that we didn't stay more than one night. We had the luxury of being the only guests staying in the resort on the night we stayed, so service was over-the-top impeccable. From the moment we drove up the drive to the moment we left, we had nothing but top notch, friendly, helpful service.

The resort offers great luxury and a lot of privacy. It is located on a sparsely populated road a few miles outside of Flores and is a gated resort. The rooms are situated so that each cabin has a perfect, private view directly out onto the lake without being able to see into any other cabin.

We were greeted at check-in by Jara, who was very welcoming and spoke perfect English. We were quickly brought a couple of frozen drinks and cool, wet towels while we completed paperwork on the comfy couches in the lobby area. Check-in was quick and then we were shown around the grounds and our room.

The room was amazing - well decorated, clean and comfortable. Everything is very modern with a rustic flair. The shower was open to the rest of the room, so we could see directly out to the lake from the shower. My favorite part was the rainfall shower head. The bed was a bit on the hard side, but comfortable; linens were clean, crisp and comfortable. There was also a small A/C unit, which was very nice in the hot, humid rainy season. The room also had a nice glassed-in, over-water patio with a table, chairs and a hot tub.

The TV had satellite that included several English stations, including international news. There was WiFi in the lobby, but we were not able to get a signal from our room (Room #5, just one down from the lobby area).

A nice touch is that the patios have separate service entrances (that you lock/unlock from the inside) so that we were able to have dinner ordered and served to us on the patio. They came in and set everything up, complete with linens and candles, and then lightly knocked on our sliding door when everything was ready. The food was good, and not outrageously priced considering we were in the middle of nowhere with not many other options.

Overall, the service was impeccable, the room was comfortable and clean, the food was good and the location was perfection. I would actually consider coming back to the area just to stay in this resort again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review.
Hopefully we can serve you and your husband again in a near future. Everything you reviewed was very detailed which is something we really appreciate. We hope that your entire experience in the Mayan World was unforgettable and thank you for choosing us to be your hosts.
We are trying to improve our Wifi signal, but since we are in the middle of the jungle it is a little complicated but thank you very much for the observation.

We hope to have the pleasure of enjoying your company again soon!

Best regards from the entire Staff

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The place is nicely secluded in with trees,lake flowers.Very peaceful surrounding. You are greeted at the door with this soothing drink and a cold towel to cool you off.

The room was right at the lake.We had a hot tub in the room.The entire room was built with wood. The shower area had a open look which was really cool.

The food was well prepared.I know they had a professional chief or someone who knew what they were during in that kitchen.

Dinner and breakfast were great.
My only regret was that we only stayed one night. I have already started making plans to go again ,this time for a few days we plan to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Murtis

thank you very much for the kind review!! We are really happy that you had such a great time staying with us, and that you liked our hotel so much. We work very hard on trying to make each and every guest feel at home and enjoy the experience. Hopefully we are going to be able to do that for you again. Please let us know if you need any help on your planning for the next time, it would be a pleasure helping you and serving you again.

Best regards from the entire staff

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I and three friends enjoyed a fabulous weekend at Las Lagunas. We flew to Flores early Saturday morning, and they picked us up at the airport. We were thrilled by the beauty of the hotel, cabins, the lake, and the surround area. They then provided us with a very learned guide who drove us to Tikal and led us on a fantastic your of the Mayan ruins. In addition, we took a boat tour to Monkey Island, and enjoyed the company of the friendly staff. We enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel, drinks by the pool, and massages in our on our private sunrooms.
The rooms are luxurious and all details of the accommodations were perfect. For sure I will return with friends to enjoy more time at his gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IARA L, Manager at Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review! We were delighted to have you and your friends here and really hope to see you again in a future! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and really appreciate that you took the time to give all this feedback. Your comments motivate all Las Lagunas team. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great place to visit and relax with friends or family. Just 30 mins from Tikal ruins and 5 miles from the capital of Petén, Flores. Spectacular views from the hotel which is on a natural reserve of more than 200 acres.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful review! We hope to host you and your family again some time!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just 10 minutes from the airport this is a great honeymoon stopover - ideal for taking in the ancient Mayan ruins of Tikal (ask for Eric to be your guide through the hotel - a passionate and knowledgeable local with great English). The rooms are stylish (the deck jacuzzi a treat) and the lake setting beautiful. It was very quiet when we were there (out of season) so I don't know how a stay beyond a few days would have felt. Dinner was served on our private decking with lots of romantic and thoughtful extras. We shared one negative piece of feedback with the hotel who to be fair were very keen to get it. They charged for a welcome plate of food (we didn't order it and we presumed it was complimentary) and for a round of fruit at breakfast - given the prices that are being charged for the room (with breakfast being included) - this was in our eyes inappropriate and took the shine off was otherwise a great stay.

Room Tip: Whichever room you choose - don't swim in the lake - crocodiles are also hotel guests....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
IARA L, General Manager at Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thanks for you review Keven! Hope you and your wife had a lovely honeymoon and enjoyed the rest of your journey, too bad you had only one night with us! We appreciate your feedback and I just wanted to clarify that the cheese and fruit platter was in fact complimentary and nothing was charged for that. I am very sorry I was not there when you checked out since I had to travel to Guatemala but I have confirmed that nothing was charged. We have taken into consideration your recommendation for the fruit platter at breakfast and please accept my sincere apologies for that. I really regret this took the shine off your stay and hope we have another chance to make it up for you. Best wishes!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My extended family and I stayed in three of the casitas last week. Our only regret is that we stayed just one night. The food is fabulous, the rooms lovely, and the pool very welcoming in the heat. We asked for a tour of the lake and had a great time seeing Monkey Island. I had three kids with me and it was a great hit.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Victoria for your wonderful comments! Our main goal is to make our guests happy and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us makes us feel accomplished. We hope to host you again some time and thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We wish you and your family the best!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flores
Hotel Isla de Flores
#6 of 16 in Flores
Hotel Casona del Lago
Hotel Casona del Lago
#5 of 16 in Flores

Been to Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!