“Wonderful!”

Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Flores
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Three of us had pasta, fried shrimp, and chiles rellenos. The chile rellenos were the best I've ever eaten. The shrimp and pasta excellent.
Even though they have a long happy hour, the drinks were good. The owner was a very nice guy and spoke English. We went our last night there, otherwise we would have gone again.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Tipico Imperio

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The food here is excellent! Try the fried shrimp, the sauce is awesome. I am a sauce chef myself, trust me this is good food. The manager/owner is a natural entertainer and the drinks and beers are strong and ice cold. The service is impeccable. Edgar keep up the good work! My group came straight from Tikal to eat here and it was a magical dinner after a magical day. I really recommend this combination to everybody! Wish I could show you the Gopro video of our toasting to the day! Thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving day dinner. I will return.
Paul

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I came in here randomly with friends from my hostel. Since then, I've been back 3 times (twice more for dinner and once for drinks). The food was in large portions and affordable prices. The all day happy hour was fantastic. I didn't drink all day but that was what they advertised and it was nice not having to check your watch. It was a great break from the Antigua prices. The manager was great guy to talk to as were the rest of the staff.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We first went here for the cocktails, once we had eaten here though we did not go anywhere else. Good service and tasty food with a nice outlook. Food in Guatemala was not that great but this was the best we came across.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I were staying in Flores for a couple of days either side of our side trip to Tikal and we stumbled upon this place while looking for a good happy hour. The cocktails here were delicious and the owner was super friendly. Although sunset is on the opposite side of the island, there is still a fantastic view of the lake and there was a good atmosphere with plenty of other customers. We sadly didn't stay for dinner (though we wish we had) but the icing on the cake was that the prices were so low!! We left a big tip :)