All reviews lake view room was clean ample hot water big balcony noise from the street staff was helpful and friendly ceiling fan comfortable stay place to stay air con triple room small island visiting tikal central america wifi guatemala rates
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Very Friendly staff.
Clean spacious rooms with large toilet and hot shower.
Air con and cable tv in the rooms
Well located near bars and restaurants
Laundry place across the road.
Tikal your company picked us up from the hotel for our sunrise tour.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here while visiting Tikal. The room was comfortable, the staff was helpful, good location in Flores (easy walking distance to anywhere on island). Free WiFi and breakfast. The only cons for me were that the AC didn’t work very well on my 2nd night so the room was a bit muggy inside. And, my room on the 3rd floor was off an exterior walkway - beautiful view of lake - not so much in a driving rainstorm when you can’t get in or out of the room without being soaked. They did come and mop up all the water on the floor of my room.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2018

My family of 5 spent two nights at Hotel Villa del Lago from June 19th to 21st while visiting Flores and Tikal. Since I was travelling with my 3 boys and mi wife, we needed a big enough room to accommodate everyone. After looking around, we came to find Villa Del Lago. There was a triple room available and what a pleasant surprise it was as the room was big enough for everyone. Another plus was that the room had a big balcony to the main street. I was a little concerned that it could be noisy at nights but I was surprised on how quite it was. The hotel itself is small and pretty basic but very clean and neat. The location is ideal as it is close to a couple of really good restaurants. The room was clean and neat. Beds were nice and the AC was really good. Glendy at the front desk was helpful and very courteous. They would provide advice on places to visit, eat, and general recommendations to walk around. There is no restaurant on location but there is a breakfast service only. We had breakfast there one day and although we were hesitant on the what to expect, it came out really nice. The quality of the food was amazing. Ask for some fried eggs with the house salsa, it is so flavorful!!. My kids got pancakes and those were big and really good. Overall, I would highly recommend the hotel for your stay in Flores. Another plus is that if the room is ready before check in, they would let you in. We got there at around 12:30pm and they let us check in and access the room which was a big plus as we could leave our bags and go take a stroll around the island.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Staff made it simple for me to want to go back, everything was just perfect! They worked with me to help me schedule tours, provided me with information to get to know different places, gave me the options to find something good to eat and I was able to trust them with my luggage. Amazing place to visit!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

This was a nice place. The room had AC and a private bath. The people working at the front desk were kind and Manuel in particular was very helpful. We did an early tour to Tikal the day we checked out, and the store or luggage plus let us hang out at the hotel and use the WiFi until we had to go to the airport at 7pm. Overall nice experience!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel Villa Del... F, Director de Recepción at Hotel Villa del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you, I really appreciate your comments, I love my work, and was a pleasure serve you.