See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Rooms not like the Picture's, balcony yes but no furniture to sit on. Just one person who is speaking English and he is really unfriendly.... garden is not a garden and again no furnitures so it's difficult to sit together with friends... I think it should not be called a Hotel or Villa, it is a small Hostal for short stay but not for relaxing and having good time together.... air conditioning was not working and the ventilation was broken as well. We just wanted to have a nice time after long travelling but after that experience we go back to an Hostel or Camping because there you know what you get and it's cheaper and more comfortable as well!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Sightseer763216
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Where to start: we reserved 2 rooms for 5 nights but nothing was like it was supposed to be/described on booking.com: no garden, no sitting area in the rooms (not even one chair) and the A/C didn't work (in one room not even the fan) so we asked if it would be possible to check-out earlier since we wanted to move on anyways.
The owner then called one guy to help him to translate and this guy as over the top: first he appeared/approached really angry straight from the beginning telling us that we reserved for 5 night so we pay for the whole stay - not even trying to hear us out. When I stood up he came really close/kind of pushing me and yelling at me "Don't give me this bullsh** you motherf*****!! This is my country!!" (what a racist thing to say in a touristic town/in a hotel where you clearly have to deal with foreigners on a daily basis) and the owner had a hard time holding him back since he tried to attack me physically...!!!!
Thank god there where 3 people (all wearing the same vest with a badge saying "Ministerio de Tourismo") standing at the reception witnessing the whole situation which was our luck. Who knows how the situation would have turned out without these officials. They all raised their eyebrows and shaking their heads which made the owner quiet uncomfortable since he tried to get the proof from them that he could charge us all 5 nights which they denied. He angrily told us then "you pay 3 nights and leave today!" which we highly appreciated and thankfully accepted. A few minutes later while we were packing our bags the guys from the "Ministerio de Tourismo" came to our room asking what happened and looked really concerned. We explained the whole situation and left the hotel.
While walking down the street to the port the guy who attacked me before followed us yelling "Putas!" and many other Spanish bad words/phrases making us feel really uncomfortable so we were looking for protection going into the next café to feel safe.
All in all I have to say this was the worst experience I ever made being on a journey and I've never been treated so bad as a customer - nowhere in this world!!!
Never ever again and I would suggest nobody to stay at this place at all since it's not even cheap!

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Sebastian D
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The staff at this place are great and go out of their way to ensure your needs are met. The are incredibly friendly and helpful.
This hotel is OK for a short stay. It is clean and central. However, beds and pillows are a little lumpy, mattresses need replacing. The shower, with the electric water heater attached directly to the shower head, gave me an electric shock and then didn’t work.
We were staying during a week of festivals and the street noise was loud, but this would have been the same anywhere on Flores.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 7 December 2016

We stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Villa Margarita. The room was spacious and clean, but very basic. Reception staff were lovely and helpful in organising transport to Tikal and a taxi to and from the airport, however might be difficult for a non-Spanish speaker. The shower had lukewarm water only (no hot water tap) and the wifi did not work at all. Air conditioning worked well but quite noisy. Great location, easy to walk to everywhere in Flores. Good hotel for a short stay

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Nothing here to get excited about. The rooms and bathroom were clean, air conditioner works and wifi is ok and a microwave is available. Basic accommodations which are fine for using as a base for exploring Flores and the surrounding areas.

Room tip: ask for a balcony window. Back rooms are dark, facing the wall of the adjacent building
Date of stay: November 2016