“Excellent Hotel!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spata
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent Hotel!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I spent the night at this hotel at the Athens airport the night before we flew back to the states. I was worried about an "airport hotel" but this one was great!! It is just across the street from the airport which is so convenient especially when you have an early flight. The hotel is so clean and the rooms were a good size with a very comfortable bed. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was very good as well. Also, I discovered right before our plane took off that I had left behind in our room a small baby pillow that I travel with. It is my special travel pillow and I was very sad to discover that I had left it behind. My husband emailed the hotel and they found it and mailed it back to me within a week!!! Wow, that was so awesome!!! Love this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel in May prior to your early morning flight back to the States. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and especially the quality of the service provided as well as the level of cleanliness, the comfort of the bed and your dinner experience at the restaurant. We do value your patronage and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to our pemises in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Of course you are going to be ripped off by Sofitel if you want to stay for a night there. It is the only hotel near the airport. Price close to $300 for a night for a OLD, SMELLY room is complete rip off.

I will NEVER stay there and advise all people to NOT to stay there if at all possible. Plan you trip so NOT to stay at this hotel unless they lower the prices to match MOTEL 6 or upgrade the hotel through it.

Room Tip: you better off to stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank krk2san
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your constructive comments following your stay in our hotel in June. We were sorry to learn that your overall experience as a guest did not meet your expectations. We wish to reassure you, however, that we strive to provide a superior service experience to every customer. In case you would like to further discuss your stay with me, please do not hesitate to contact me at h3167@sofitel.com so that I may address it with you directly. My team and myself thank you once again for your feedback which helps us better understand your expectations.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a very convenient hotel, literally 30 yards from arrivals.
Good air con, and the mildly confusing wooden shutter arrangements worked well, keeping the room dark and quiet.
Its a 24 hour airport hotel and although we were just another couple passing through, it was just what was required, and very quiet.
Some little niggles - like the parsimonious one sachet of milk for coffee - annoyingly bad policy considering what we had paid.
We also dined in the ground floor restaurant, which was rather good although somewhat expensive, with 23% tax added later.
Good hotel but 1 hour plus by express train to the center of Athens.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent stay in our hotel and appreciated to learn that you had a comfortable and enjoyable experience with us. We thank you once again for having taken the time to write and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Definitely recommend a stay here! It’s not just the convenience of its location, literary 3 mins walk from the airport, but mostly its amazing staff and great food! People here show a true passion for hospitality and guest service and as a guest you are always greeted with a smile and feel welcomed! When it comes to food, all I can say is compliments to the Chef for the great buffet selection!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent visit to Sofitel Athens Airport and were delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay with us from the quality of the service provided by our staff to the quality and variety of our food offer. Your warm words of appreciation will serve as an encouragement for all our staff as we strive to provide a superior service experience to every guest. We do value your patronage and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to our premises in the future for you to have many more enjoyable experiences with us.
Samos, Greece
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stay here often and it is always first class. You walk across the road from arrivals and you are there. Perfect if your passing through Athens. The bar snacks/ lunches are well priced and the lunch buffet, at the restaurant is excellent. Unfortunately their upstairs restaurant isn't open on Sunday and Monday. It is a fixed priced cab ride into the city and at $36 € is good value. The train in is 16€ for 2 people.
The rooms are big and fresh and very comfortable king sized bed .

• Stayed June 2014
Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel Athens Airport and for your warm words of appreciation for our hotel, services, rooms and food & beverage options. We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to our premises in the future.
washington state
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here two nights and were very pleased with the room. I am a light sleeper, so the soundproofing was a huge plus for me. With a comfortable bed to sleep on combined with the quiet, I had a good night's sleep on both nights.

It's a short walk across the street to the airport. This really came in handy when our airline sent us an email saying they changed our departing flight from 8am to 3pm, which would have meant we'd miss our connecting flight to Lisbon. We were able to walk over and speak with airline reps in person who were able to get us on an earlier flight.

The lobby was very nicely decorated. The restaurants looked tempting we decided not to eat in the hotel restaurants, choosing instead to hop on the metro and eat in downtown Athens.

As many others have said, I wouldn't choose to stay here for more than a couple of nights but this short stay suited our needs perfectly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your stay in our hotel in April. It is a pleasure to learn that you had a memorable stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed the comfort of your bed combined with the soundproofing of the room as well as the hotel's convenient location by the airport. We do value your patronage and look forward to your next visits to our premises in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spata
Syntagma
Hilton Athens
#20 of 326 in Athens
Avra Rafina
#1 of 1 in Rafina

Been to Sofitel Athens Airport? Share your experiences!