A stunning hotel that certainly lives up to the gorgeous photos. The food at the buffet and the Asian restaurants was delicious, if somewhat overpriced. Definitely have dinner on the swinging beds at the Asian restaurant, a great experience.
The room was pleasant with stunning views of the sea, definitely get a sea view room. We didn't have a pool and from what we saw of them I would recommend saving your money.
On the whole the staff are awesome but as the hotel got busier (we unfortunately timed half of our stay with half term) the attentiveness got less and less. At the start of our holiday I definitely felt we were at a 5 star luxury hotel but by the end, perhaps a 4.
Two incidents left a sour taste in my mouth. 1. The hotel made a mistake with a restaurant booking informing us it had been booked only for us to find that the restaurant wasn't open. They kindly made the error up to us by offering us a free meal at the buffet. While this was a lovely gesture, the guy dealing with us insisted on knowing who had made the error...naming and shaming...this didn't sit comfortably with us and he wouldn't let it drop. We didn't let on. The suited staff have a bad attitude whereas the ladies who serve by the pool/reception and breakfast are very friendly.
2. The second incident was the fact we had paid £200 for airport transfers. On the way to the hotel we were greeted by a lovely car with water etc waiting for us, a nice way to start our holiday. On the way back we had a big standard taxi who happened to leave the meter on - total cost for a trip to the airport €40!! We felt very very ripped off and hugely disappointed in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous archaeological sites of Greece is the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio, south-east of Athens. The Grecotel Cape Sounio literally clings to the side of a pine-clad hillside with panoramic views over this ancient monument. Behind the hotel is the Sounio National Park and below the hotel are two bays (one sandy and the other is shingle) which are approached via tunnels under the road (ancient river path). The buildings are set in an amphitheatre shape allowing exhilarating views of the Temple of Poseidon and the sea from most guestrooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Sounio, Grecotel Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Cape Sounio Hotel Sounio
- Grecotel Cape Hotel Sounio
- Grecotel Cape Resort Sounio
- Cape Sounio