The Grand Resort Lagonissi benefits from a secluded, exclusive location with easy access to Athens International Airport (taxi drive is about 35 euros). The isolated location also means that you don't have any shops around so if you need a bank, a pharmacy or a supermarket it's not the right place for you. There is a small tobacco shop inside the hotel and another one selling expensive beach outwear. I stayed a few nights in superb deluxe bungalow located in the west area of the resort (if you are interested in admiring the sunsets): the room was huge and very well appointed - huge TV screen, seating area, walk-in closet etc. I also enjoyed a great terrace with comfortable armchairs and amazing sea view. My room was at the first floor, my friend stayed in a ground floor room that had a nice small garden with sun lounges - in such a room you are actually with your feet in the water. On the other hand my room had a fabulous view! The bathroom was the best part: it included a small but well appointed gym, a steam room with shower and a jacuzzi! It was by far the most exquisite bathroom I have seen in any hotel so far. The room looked a bit outdated and not really luxurious but it was comfortable (except for the bed, which was a bit too hard). All bungalows share a private beach with sun lounges and umbrellas, which was almost empty when I visited the hotel in June - a pure delight! There are many restaurants in the resort, I had dinner in three of them - the Italian Captain's House, the Polynesian one and Galazya Akti (Cretan). Also I had breakfast and lunches in Aphrodite restaurant. The food dissapointed me, it was average and I was expecting more in this location. The breakfast and the lunches were actually better than the dinners. However all restaurants have nice views. The service is good but not everywhere...I have seen dirty glasses left outside the room for four days... It's a lovely place to spend a quiet holiday (forget discos and clubs) but I find it overpriced. Luckily I was able to enjoy it as I participated in a conference and benefited from a more affordable corporate rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Resort Lagonissi welcomes you to enjoy a seafront paradise, set on a 72-acre verdant peninsula. Boasting twenty exclusive sandy beach coves and lush natural beauty the resort is nestled in a magnificent private peninsula offering breathtaking sunsets and views to inspire.The resort provides endless choices of luxurious accommodations, all on the waterfront with direct access to sandy beaches or to the sea. Deluxe rooms with stunning sea views, bungalows with private pools, suites with gym quarters and villas with private spa areas, compose the Grand Resort’s luxurious scenery. The latest in comfort of technology pervade every single room combined with sleek interiors creating an ambiance of residential charm and unparalleled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Resort Lagonissi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Resort Lagonissi Hotel Lagonisi
- Grand Hotel Lagonissi
- Grand Hotel Lagonisi
- Grand Resort Lagonissi Greece/Lagonisi