“It was Okey...”

Ranked #57 of 280 Restaurants in Glyfada
Price range: US$20 - US$62
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: WEEKDAY BUFFET Tuesdays - Fridays : 19:30-23:30 Saturdays : 13:30-17:00 Price : 14,00€/person 8,00€ for children below 11 yrs old WEEKEND BUFFET Saturdays : 19:30-23:30 Sundays : 13:30-17:30 Price : 18,50€/person 10,00€ for children below 11 yrs old
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I went in the buffet offer (not the one with the sushi). Everything in the buffet was half empty which I did not like, however food was nice. The dishes were filled constantly, however a lot of times I wanted to try something that my friends tried but it was over. Not the most authentic, but nice for chinese food.
Pretty cheap, 15 euros for all-you-can-eat.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I went to the “Golden Phoenix Restaurant” on a Wednesday evening with my wife. I wasn’t aware of the 15.00 Euro – “all you can eat buffet”, therefore it was an unexpected surprise for both of us.

The buffet was what we expected it to be, colorful and delicious. My wife is Asian and she really enjoyed it. The soup was extraordinary (some kind of vegetable soup with tofu and mushrooms I think). The even served Greek “Loukoumades” with honey!

Perhaps it would be a good idea to refill the buffet more often. Another thing I didn’t agree with was the fact that guests are allowed to smoke inside the dining room, while others try to enjoy their meal right next to them. Besides this downside, the general impression is an excellent one. We will give it a try again, next time we visit Glyfada.

4  Thank Mr_Georgek
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were there for the Sunday buffet and enjoyed the appetizers very much. No soups were offered. The main entrees were good with a large selection but I would have liked a little more sauce on them. The desserts were simple and consisted of mostly fresh fruits. Overall, I thought it was a little on the expensive side.

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Have been there on several occasions for their Sunday buffet. The food is of good quality and variety is great, including ok sushi. Desert is a weak spot, but this is a Chinese restaurant after all.

Decor is of the Chinese traditional sensory overload type, with plenty of dark carved wood and satin everywhere. It's not stuffy, however, and can be pleasantly warm if you're in a proper mood.

Service was spotty when we were there, friendly but clearly overloaded by the Sunday buffet crush. If you don't want too many drinks and/or extras you'll be fine.

Value for money is a great plus, at least for the buffet.

1  Thank 189400Traveller
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The first time we went to the new restaurant in Glyfada we had the singapore noodles, the satay beef and steam rice. Everything was perfect! The second time, we went to the Saturday lunch buffet and i didn't enjoy as i expected to... The buffet was opened from 13:00, we arrived at 15:00 and we were the first table, so some of the food was a bit cold, and i also found the variety a bit poor (on Sunday they have more). Note that both times we paid the same price!
I must say that i have been to Golden Phoenix many times (in Kefalari, Kifissia, and Argyroupoli before they moved it to Glyfada) and i always enjoyed the food, but the buffet let me down.
In a few words: if you haven't tried asian cuisine before then try the buffet (but be there early!), if you do know what asian food is about then just order your favourite and skip the buffet (and the extra calories!!!)...

1  Thank katerina_bralos