“A fantastic family owned and run Italian restaurant in Athens”
Review of Peccati di Gola

Peccati di Gola
Ranked #25 of 275 Restaurants in Glyfada
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have a flat in Glyfada and there are many other restaurants in the area which we know well, but we can truly say this is one of the best there. We came across it through Trip Advisor only recently (it isn't advertised anywhere and markets itself by word of mouth), but have already tried it three times as a family, which speaks for itself. Everything we ordered was fresh, cooked superbly and tasted delicious, without exception. It is a little tucked away and perhaps not in the most atmospheric or scenic part of this vibrant Athens suburb, but you will not be disappointed by either the food or friendliness and competence of the service. We liked Vincenzo but more for the atmosphere. Peccati is better for cuisine in our view. Superb

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This restaurant is a nice little Italian place for taking your better half (who normally likes this sort of thing) out. The prices are a bit on the high side, but not completely ridiculous. Think slightly pricier than TGIF.

The portions are generous and the staff is very polite, speaking at least three languages while we were there (Greek, English and Italian). The quality of the food is pretty good too. I had a bruschetta to start and a spaghetti pomodoro as a main. I forgot to tell them not to make it "al dente", but even so, I liked it. Right now, they have a deal where you can get a starter, main and dessert (from a selection) for €15 per person (Mon to Thurs), which is quite good (though I don't know for how long they have it!). We only had water to drink, so I can't comment on how much drinks are.

We sat outside in a "patio style" area. The street is not too noisy, but not too quiet either, so quite pleasant all in all. They have a couple of fans to cool the place down (I would not sit outside during the day this time of year myself..) and the lights are turned low, so the temperature was just right, and the atmosphere romantic. The place was about half full, which I also like when out on a date (not too noisy, not too quiet), though I went during the week.

All in all, if you take the missus, you'll get a couple of brownie points. It's not the Hilton rooftop, but a nice cosy local place.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This restaurant Is simply excellent. Very nice staff and the food superb! A Greek business partner invited me to go to this restaurant and this was a pleasant surprise. We had 2 fantastic starters and a spaghetti frutti di mare. The place was clean and cozy and we didn't have to wait too long to get our orders. Luckily we were early so we had a table, but from 20 o'clock this restaurant was getting full, so it is best to make a reservation (or go early). It is possible to sit outside on the (heated) terrace.

1  Thank Kvelderen
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I've heard and read good reviews for this italian restaurant in Glyfada and i had the curriocity to tried it.So last Sunday we went there.....we had a salad(12 euros for a ruccola and 3 sun dried tomatoes salad!!!!!!!!!!) a good sized and taste margaritta pizza (8,5 euros)red house wine and a tirramisu and bottled water...all that for less than 50 euros....Ok you may say that is cheap but really the quality was not something special(take only the pizza and go home!)..................and a restaurant i believe is jugded by the overall look.....please change the catalogues!!!!
You can find in Athens and in Glydada so many italian restaurants...with better quality.Better to skip this one,trust me.....

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Focacccia me suko kai motsarela.....rissoto troufas & taliateles apo melani soupias.......I can't imagine a better dinner in the area for 30Euros/person

1  Thank Nana T