“Not a place for a tourist”
Review of Oneiro Apartments

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glyfada
Oneiro Apartments
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not a place for a tourist”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

All in all ok accommodation with most things you'd need for a self catering holiday. But it's nothing special- and not nearly worth the money they are charging, especially given it's location.
These apartments are in the heart of Greek suburbia and miles from anywhere.
To be fair, it does state honestly on their website that it is10 minutes drive to the town. What is doesn't say it that it's also a good 15 minute walk even to get to a main road where you can hail a taxi to the town - not too convenient for a holiday maker with no car.
They advertise use of a pool and Jacuzzi. Unless I missed it (unlikely - its a small set up)there was no Jacuzzi . And there is apparently a local 'law' that means you are not allowed in the pool at certain times of the day - some kind of local 'siesta' apparently.
The irony of this rule is that you can hear really loud music from the locals blaring and echoing all around the neighbourhood during these times- far more noisy than one taking a solitary dip in a pool which is all I wanted to do!
I'm more than happy to respect the rules of the neighbourhood while I'm there - but my Greek friend, who we were out there visting (from the Glyfada area) said she'd never heard of this law? And, I feel it really should be specified on their website - this is certainly not an ideal set up for a holiday maker.
Plus we had some complaints we were too noisy at night - we were on holiday and not doing anything too out of the ordinary for holiday makers. It got to the point we felt we couldn't even talk past nightfall!
Thus, we ended up spending a lot of time down in the town, hanging out with our other friends who were in a hotel nearer the beach. We wished we'd stayed there with them - the reason we chose the Oneiro was due to the fact it had a pool, which turned out to be a joke as we weren't even allowed in it at peak times of the day!
There are obviously lots of locals near the Oneiro, and I felt bad if we did disturb them- but I must put the emphasis back on the owner - they should NOT be advertising this as a holiday let. It's not suitable for that purpose, for either the holiday maker or the locals nearby.
They should keep this as a local lease, and stop fleecing tourists. I suppose they wouldn't make as much money doing that though, would they?.....
PS - Never saw the owner, but must say the Greek couple next door who worked as kind of janitors for the apartments were really sweet and helpful, and we stuck up a good repore with them. They were the ony plus point to this accomodation in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Miss_Kitty_Edinburgh

Families
Solo
Business
  • Greek first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glyfada
Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso
#1 of 4 in Glyfada
Palmyra Beach Hotel
Palmyra Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Glyfada

Been to Oneiro Apartments? Share your experiences!