“wonderful stay”
Review of Fenix Hotel

Fenix Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Glyfada
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Wonderful stay, 3 nights with family ( 1 child & infant), Clean and comfortable room, great location, good buffet breakfast, but above all the amazing and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank George K

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this nice hotel in Glyfada recently ! The hotel room was pleasant with a large flat screen tv nice bathroom & of course the best feature was the spectacular seaview of the Saronic Gulf with Aigina island in the distance. Just sit an watch the sunset. Just a short walk to the Athens Tram ( what luck ) station Plateia Vergoti ! Plateia Katraki shopping mall just 3 stations away ! Took the tram into Athens often ! Marina nearby also. Enjoy !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Platon M
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Staff was very friendly. The General Manager was very helpful. The rooms are perfect for that kind of hotel and area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I had the pleasure to stay at the Fenix hotel during my honeymoon, I was so surprised with the service standard we get during our 10 days stay.

From the moment we checked in until we left the hotel, everything was amazing, the staffs are so helpful, and they always smile,
a special recognition to Kyriakos who make our stay remarkable with all the suggestions he made whenever we asked for a place to go
Everything was great and sure if i will go back to Greece i will stay at the Fenix hotel

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
hotelfenix, General Manager at Fenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Dear Our Guest ,
Thank you for your kind comments and we appreciate thanking you for your stay in our hotel and we are looking forward to see you in the future .
The comments that you send to us made us very satisfied and we will continue are professional service toward are customers .
My Best regards
Dimitris Papastregiou

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Glyfada doesn't have fantastic hotels (to the best of my knowledge) and this hotel is ok. Rooms are clean and some have a view of the sea. It's a one minute walk across a main road from the tram which is convenient (especially when the taxis are on strike). Service is ok at reception, hopeless at the bar- Athens is not the best for service with a smile! The pool is clean - very cold but this is welcome with the summer heat. Overall though, I would recommend to stay closer to the center of Glyfada - I didn't try to walk but it would have taken at least half an hour I think to the center.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bigby21
Reviewed 6 July 2011

First, I will say the staff was pleasant, but a pleasant staff cannot overcome the fact that this is a terrible hotel.

We stayed for two nights in June, 2011 on the second floor on the back of the hotel. This is without a doubt the worst hotel I've stayed in in Greece, and one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world.

My general comments are: pleasant staff, worthless air conditioning, ugly views (from our room), dangerous bathtub, and mediocre (at best) breakfast.

This hotel advertises air conditioning, but you should not believe it. The air conditioning blows but does not cool. We had two adjoining rooms, and the first day was warm but not exceedingly so for Athens (30 C). The rooms were both quite warm at 28C, the same temperature as outside at about 6:00 pm when I was trying to address the situation. When I asked that the hotel address the situation, they sent up a technician who removed the filter but could not adjust the temperature. It turns out that the hotel sets the temperature centrally, and local rooms cannot control the temperature. When I asked for another room, they said all would be the same temperature. Sleeping was very difficult in the warm room. The following day, the temperature in Athens was beautiful. I don't think it ever got higher than about 26C, and it was beautiful in the evening. But the room remained almost the same temperature as the previous day, warmer than outside. Simply unacceptable. I have stayed in warmer hotels, but those did not offer air conditioning and did NOT advertise air conditioning as this one does.

In addition, the bathtub has a dangerous step inside the tub. Our daughter who does wear glasses, took a fall as a result of the step that is very difficult to see in the tub for someone with less than perfect eyesight. There should be some different color paint on this step to make it clearer to see.

Finally, our view from our room and balcony included a view of six trash dumpsters to our left, and a trash yard (complete with large rusty anchor) to the right. I probably would have been able to overlook this if not for the other issues, but it just added to the absurdity of the stay.

The pool area did look attractive, but we did not use the pool.

The hotel management does say it is their policy to resolve all guest issues within three hours, and they offered me compensation for a future stay, but refused to offer compensation for this stay for which I paid full price. I do not plan to take advantage of their offer, given how bad this hotel is. The manager of the hotel also said that he thought I was unfair to call this one of the worst hotels I have stayed at; I am sure there are worse hotels, but I haven't stayed in them.

Room Tip: I would advise trying to get a front room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CincyWahoo
hotelfenix, Manager at Fenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear Customer,
Our company has always paid attention to all complaints and we have always used our guest’s feedback to improve our customer service.
With reference to you e complaint e-mail demanding a refund of your stay please note that as we have previously stated the company has a no refund policy.
Our Hotel had tried to resolve the issue in a prompt manner during your stay at the hotel.
Unfortunately the usual high standards of our services were not met in this instance and therefore we have apologized and as a gesture of our regret we were willing to offer you credit for a complimentary future stay at the hotel.
We understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met bur we acted based on our complimentary policy…
However, we find unacceptable the threatening tone of your text in Trip –Advisor even though clearly not happy with the result and not satisfied with our company’s effort to compensate you.
We assure you that all the issues that were raised in your complaints will be dealt with by our company. Therefore we would very mach appreciate if you accept our sincere apologies once again and reconsider our offer of a complimentary future stay to you or your friends.
Kind regards .DIMITRIS PAPASTERGIOU / HOTEL MANAGRE

Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was our first time to Greece and I was really looking forward to the experience. It had been my dream to visit here and I was so excited to come. Unfortunately, the cultural differences made things incredibly difficult. The hotel staff is very unfriendly (except for the waiter who takes care of breakfast in the morning). Whenever we asked for assistance on transportation, etc - the front desk clerk was less than helpful. On one occassion the taxi he called for us charged us 40 Euro for a trip we later found out should have cost no more than 18-20.

This is our last day here (thank GOD!) and I just went down to the restaurant to ask for a salad. I grabbed the bar menu but didn't see anything on there so I asked the waiter if they had any salads. He showed me the dinner menu and I asked for a "Season's Salad". He proceeded to tell me it was very small and I said that was fine. He repeatedly told me how small it was so I asked if I could order some pasta with it. He then asked if it was for my room. I said yes since my husband was upstairs with my baby who was napping. He then showed me the room service menu and told me I had to go upstairs to order my food. I tried to look at his room service menu and he pulled it away from me and told me to go to my room. Of course I got up to my room and there is no room service menu around. I'm starved and don't know what to do. We've stayed here a week and ordered pizza delivery one night. I didn't know that was shunned upon here until my husband told me they kicked him out of the bar when he went in to order drinks with the pizza in his hand.

The hotel is just one unfortunate part of our very poor visit to Greece. I cannot beleive how rude and unhelpful the people are. I can't wait to go home!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CCBubs
hotelfenix, Manager at Fenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Dear our Valuable Customer ,
Regarding your recent stay in our premises and referring your complain in our hotel, firstly me myself as a Hotel Manager (Mr Papastergiou Dimitris) I deeply apologize for the behaviour of my staff members being unfriendly and immature as professional workers.
I will specifically take are this incident by my self and I will figure out the solution of this problem during your recent stay in our hotel against my staff.
Me my self as a Hotel Manager , I was really personally surprised because we usually as we run as professional four star chain hotel BEST WESTERN FENIX , most of the time we have ordinary good comments from the customer.
Regarding your order food from outside , I check personal that in your room was the rooming list and also we would like to inform you due to our hotel policies we do not allow customers order food from outside from hotel because for health reason and secondly for tax purposes .
Last but not least, the situation with taxi in our hotel Fenix we cooperate with Official radio taxi and it is specifically the same price for ever customers.
I was shocked when I read the price was 40,00 € and not the price you have mentioned which was 20,00€ . If you mentioned to this to the front desk immediately me as manager will have found the solution for your problem, and you will get your money back immediately .
Our goal is to provide services of acceptable standard to all our customers, but it is inevitable that things will go wrong occasionally.
In any case any further comments that will help us become aware of what our guests needs are and where improvement is needed, are highly appreciated and taken under serious consideration
We would like to let you know that if you’re ever in Athens again please contact us
as we would like to offer you the opportunity to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Truly yours,