US$118
US$114
Blue Sky Hotel(Glyfada)(Great Value!)
US$63
Zina Hotel Apartments(Glyfada)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$461
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotelglyfada centretram stationsmall bathroomclean roomsmin walkyogurtathensseataxistopsbwbeachesacropolis
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was recently on a business trip to Athens. I swear I don't think I have ever met anyone as rude as the receptionist. I came in from work at midnight and this guy was sitting with a friend of his at the reception joking around so I walked past and went up to the room. I couldn't get into the room because they hadn't updated the keycard to reflect my new booking(i had extended the booking by another 6 days) so i went back to the reception and this guy was giving me lip and asking me if I like the country side because that's where I would be staying tonight. What kind of a business do you people think you're running? I was told that the booking hadn't been guaranteed by my firm which was a joke because I was sent a reservation voucher from the fenix sales department with all the credit card details and the total paid which I also confirmed the next day. The receptionist proceeded to mock me that I wouldn't be able to get into the room because he had blocked my keycard. Terrible place, not recommended and will be staying away from there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DIMITRIS1956, General Manager at Fenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear CGTheo ,
We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding that took place at our hotel with our employee on duty at the reception desk following the extension of your stay for the extra five days. We are obliged by law to adhere to very strict security protocols when a credit card is used for room payments especially when guests can not present the card in question. We do understand that you found the procedure very disturbing and we are certain that a future visit to our hotel will certainly meet with your high expectations
Yours sincerely .
Dimitris Papastergiou

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The noise from the highway is terrible, only to be drowned out by the sound of the air conditioner.
The room's air conditioner was not working - could not be switched off.
The carpets in the two rooms we stayed in were disgustingly dirty! I didn't want to stand on them. I developed allergies from this carpet- it is literally brown outside the bathroom!
We stayed for two weeks, the bathroom was only thoroughly cleaned maybe two times.
The toilet kept on getting blocked and we had to go to the toilet downstairs.
The service at the restaurant downstairs is appalling! We waited about half an hour to be attended to, with rude servers in the morning.
The lifts are tiny and claustrophobic.
This hotel needs a major revamp
The only positive is that you can walk to glyfada shops in 20 minutes, although there are no decent nearby beaches.

• Stayed: August 2013
DIMITRIS1956, Διευθυντής at Fenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Meliss0708 ,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments from your stay at BW Fenix Hotel.
We were very concerned to hear about this inconvenience after your departure of our Hotel . According to these we have to refer the following:
Firstly referring to your annoyance for the noise coming from road , you knew in advance that also offer rooms facing to the famous golf area of Glyfada ,which are completely quite.
Second during your 2-weeks stay at the hotel you never complaint about air condition and cleanness .Regarding the clean less issue of the rooms , are subjected to regular checks and are cleaned on a daily basis by accordance with our Hotel policy standards. It is indeed surprise that during your stay the maid cleaned your rooms only twice !!!
Last but not least referring to your complaints for the hotel's lifts we have to clarify that both of them are according to international regulations. Every lift transfer up to 5 adults .
Once again ,we feel sorry for the experience you had . Do hope to be given another opportunity to welcome back and prove that we can serve better.
Sincerely yours
D. Papastergiou - Hotel manager

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Knowing we had to be at the airport early next day we booked on the way to the airport. The receptionist made clear he had rather not seen us at all. Lift was not working ("technician only comes tomorrow") so suitcases were pushed up the stairs (receptionist could not care less, was not even willing to keep the door open). Rooms were dirty. I admit it can be even worse, but for 80 euro's, mold in the bathroom, black hairs in the bath and toothpaste on the mirror, seem a bit to much for me. Unfortunately there was no room to open your suitcase,. Do it on your bed; get your stuff out; and close the thing again, seemed the best solution. No wonder I recommend to ban the place! Worst value for money I have ever experienced.
Regards, Wimar

Room Tip: get the lowest level possible, lift is un-usefull !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wimar J
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We had as a group of 5 families a terrible stay at this deteriorated hotel were nobody bothered about helping guests. Service was an unknown word. Because of the absurd small lifts my handicaped mother in law was provided a wheel chair with two flat tires to get her upstairs in her room. The receptionist thought this was more than enough service, and didn't want to bother about at least inflating the tires. Rooms were smelly and filthy...

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Best western in Glyfada, Athens for 1 night in August 2013. We took a 25 minute shuttle bus ride from the airport to the hotel which was 5.00 Euros a person. The bus dropped us off right at the street adjacent to the street of the hotel.

Upon check-in, we were greeted by someone at the front desk and give our room card keys. We booked a smoking double room which surprisingly did not smell of smoke. The room had all basic amenities with a balcony as well. The room was clean and spacious (enough room for both our large suitcases). The only downfall to the room was that wifi was not included. We were surprised by this as the majority of the hotel we stayed at in Greece included wifi. Nonetheless, it did not affect our experience in the room negatively; it would have just been a ‘nice to have’.

Although we did not use the pool, it was very big and looked clean. The lobby was a bit outdated however the fact that the hotel was clean was more important than décor.
The location of the Best Western was perfect. It is less than a 10 minute walk (safe walk), to all the restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. The hotel can also arrange for a taxi-pick up for you if you prefer not to walk.

Upon check-out we were advised that breakfast was included- we did not have time to eat however the assortment of choices was great.
Although our time at the Best Western was short, we did have an enjoyable experience and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple