“Above and Beyond”
Review of London Hotel

London Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Glyfada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My girlfriend stayed here on a school trip and gave it nothing but positive reviews in her short stay there. Furthermore, I requested that the hotel deliver flowers to my girlfriends room. Not only were the flowers delivered the same day of the request, they were beautiful and tasteful roses as well. Here's the catch: I accomplished all this from 6100 miles away in California. Despite no face to face conversation, and only a quick email detailing my requests, it was executed perfectly. I'm extraordinarily impressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the London Hotel for two nights with a group of traveling students on an educational tour of Greece.

Upon our arrival at this hotel we were greeted with rooms that either smelled like smoke that was embedded in the furniture and drapes and/or smelled like a sewer. It reeked so bad that I walked across the street to buy some air freshener from the petrol store! This didn't work at all! We actually had to sleep with the door open that night as breathing became very difficult for me and my colleague (both non-smokers). Later, I asked the front desk manager for a room change and like always, nothing was available!

The next day after returning from a long day of visiting a variety of historic sights. We once again returned home to that very same sewage fragrance that lingered in the air! The air freshener, could not penetrate and defeat the overpowering smell of sewage but it tried. Once again, breathing was difficult and we decided to leave the room open for that reason. I would never recommend this hotel.

For several reasons: they have an a/c control but only central heat is available (had to sleep with the balcony door open)

This hotel is adjacent to a major highway and loud vehicles can be heard all night speeding up and down. It is not safe for travelers and teenagers as the only protection that they have from an oncoming vehicle is a sidewalk!

I was locked out of my room because the batteries died on the key entry device. Luckily the night manager walked into the hotel while I was downstairs making a complaint. He tried several times but later had to disturb my neighbor in the next room so he can climb across from her room to enter through my unlocked balcony door on the 4th floor, which I had left open to eliminate the smell that I talked about previously!

Lastly, they threated to call the police on my middle school students because they were noisy and had received two complaints! I won't deny that they were talking and disturbing other guest but is calling the police on 13-15 yr. old children they only answer?

I will NEVER return...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank wendell989
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the London for a number of years and we are now staying for two months. The staff are exceedingly kind and helpful and the rooms are comfortable with a lovely sea view. The breakfast is excellent and there is a very comprehensive menu if you wish to eat in the spacious sitting room. All in all very good.
A close secret in Glyfada; there is a taverna situated behind Marks & Spencers in the main square
behind there is a small square with trees and garden, There is situated Hiperus; I have visited it since it opened in 1974 and visited there every year many times.. It is a typical traditinal taverna and there are not many left now. Good choice and you can see the dishes and good prices. Enjoy.
Michael F.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Comparing with other countries this hotel might not seem that great but comparing it to other hotels in Greece, which I had an opportunity to stay at, this one was really nice. Having kind staff, clean rooms and nice sea view.

Room Tip: Definitely choose the sea side room, not only for the view, but because there is a nosiy street on t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel was booked by my customer which leaves in Glifada area, one of the nice resorts areas of Athens. This is a very basic hotel with a welcoming and warm hospitality of the staff. The room has a sea view but the sea can hardly be seen , as it is few houndres meters of the shore line. Breakfast included in the price is very rich and has many of the Greek traditional flavors. The best part of the stay was the very cheap price which was charged... only Euro 35 per night which is a great value for what you get. Rooms are clean and balcony is fair, however if you can't bare cigarette smell, try to avoid this hotel as the Loby is very smelly and many smokers will smoke freely in the Loby togeather with the morning or late evenning coffee.

Room Tip: If you rent a car in Athens then this hotel is a great choice , choose the rooms on the back side of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visited Atehns for greek easter in may and stayed at this hotel for 7 days for the third time.
The price was good the room was a bit cramped this time,when I arrived late at 10 pm the front desk game me a key to the room. I had asked for something on the top floor but was given a room on the third (3)floor. The room I had the year befor was on the 4th floor with a view of the ocean. When I returned to the front desk to ask for another room I was told that they did not have any and he getelman on the desk spoke as if he could care less. I would have thought they would have taken care of a returning guest !!
The breakfast offered is good with a wide variety and the Gal that staffes it was very nice !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room faceing the ocean it has a nice view at night of the island of Agena
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel was okay for what you pay for it. It's affordable, the wifi is reliable, and there are decent TV options (also liked the video games available in the lobby...it was a nice touch). Reception was, for the most part, helpful. That said, we ended up in a room where the main light burned out and was never replaced, the hair dryer did not work, and an electrical panel fell off the wall and was also not fixed until the last day. Breakfast was okay. It's an average place to stay, all in all...not the worst, not the best.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends