“I strongly suggest another hotel....sorry.!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Glyfada Hotel

Glyfada Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Glyfada
“I strongly suggest another hotel....sorry.!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I lasted here about 45 minutes. I've NEVER in my life complained in a hotel. The room smelt so bad...it was very dated and the bathroom had such a stink of sewers. Even though I paid the €70 they would not refund even though I never stayed. So unhelpful. The manager was on "holiday"....he's not stupid, probably at the Hilton. Oh
my god and the nearby beach...like a scene from the film District 9..!!!!! Please please guys....I recommend the sea view or the golden sun....beautiful...I've stayed in both. x

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Kallistina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We visited this hotel 3 times with my wife. It is a nice family hotel very good priced and very close to the beach and to the Glyfada market. You can walk towards the Coast where you can find nice restaurants and even more you can swim in the sea.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back died towards the sea. Front rooms are a bid noisy due to the traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Akis T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Well I stayed in this hotel for two nights in 2012 before going back to Athens. Unfortunately, first night the A/C in the room was broken, and I can't tell you that this was literally the worst night in my whole life. Too bad because the room is very nice, view from room was beautiful, breakfast is nice, hotel is clean, location is average, we walked for like 3 mns to get to a public beach, a bit rocky but we loved it. A 15 mns walking to nice restaurants an shopping area which is not convenient in a summer morning. There is a bus stop nearby, but I would rather take a taxi coz of the waiting time. There's also a club near the hotel that I didn't have the chance to try. Overall, I loved this hotel, maybe my experience was not fortunate but if I ever go back to Glyfada, I'll probably stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank bassemkhoury
Lanskroun, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at Hotel Glyfada from 20th to 22nd May, on the event of our wedding and my feelings are mixed, at best.
Minuses:
1. I chose this hotel because of the cool looking patio with a nice, big swimming pool. What a surprise that the pool was actually not in use yet. Would it be such a problem to inform the guests on the webpage? Or tell me when I called the hotel (twice!)? You have it on the web, it really did not cross my mind that in hot Greece the pool would be empty in the end of May. Disappointing, one star down.
2. The air condition is a joke. Making soft humming noise and not cooling the room down even half a degree (stayed in 407). My husband was told to open the door to cool the room down...in a 4 star hotel. Another star down.
2. At the breakfast on the morning of the 21st May the coffee in the kettle was stone cold. Unfortunately, I realized that after bringing two cups all the way to the room to my husband (I do not drink coffee myself). Had to go back down to get more. Also, the breakfast items got refilled only upon request, nobody was checking up on it regularly.
3. The carpet in the hotel restaurant is calling for some serious cleaning and straightening up for at least couple of months. Yet nobody hears the calling, evidently.
4. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but I would expect better organisation. To have one guy for both reception and the restaurant service is unacceptable in a 4 star hotel.
5. The layout of the hotel is not a 4 star either - balconies divided only by a thin wall piece so you not only hear the neighbors, but you actually can see them. I really did not want to sit on the balcony 30 cm far from a group of people that I did not know, especially on my wedding night.
Pluses:
1. The rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable , the refrigerator working perfect.
2. The staff is very friendly and helpful, evidently the problems in the hotel are not their fault. Pity that they work in an environment like this.
3. The food, both breakfast and dinner was actually very tasty and done to our liking, including the steak (get a true rare/medium rare steak in Greece is not that common).
4. The location is convenient, only 5 minutes to a nice beach (go to the left, past the beach bar "Mansion") and a tram station. It is also only 15 minutes walk to the center of Glyfada, full of restaurants, shops etc.

Hotel Glyfada could be a great place to stay, but the lack of management together with outdated information and total absence of readiness for the summer made it a disappointment for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with functional air condition and make sure that the swimming pool is ready to use.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZdenkaScully
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was not possible to eat inside the hotel because people where smoking in the diningroom. The rooms were nice but very noicy. No A.C. was working. We will not choose this hotel again. I will not concider this hotel as friendly for children. The staff should inform the guest not to smoke inside the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nina N

Travellers are raving about these Glyfada hotels

Chania Town, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Lovely hotel excellent view nd very friendly staff . The food was tasty and the location was just perfect. I sayed there for 2 weeks nd i did not want to leave this place. The transfer was easy and not tiring at all. I recomend this hotel to eveyone

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billy1984tse
Szczecin, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel 4 nights. At the first day, under the mirror in the room, I've found a bunch of black hair , which was removed at my express request on the third day . Under the bed, I've found a dirty lace panties, that do not belong to me, and under the cabinet, in a different size , or maybe of two different people who left their underwear in the room . I do not want to think about it , as long as there was no maid service . The floor of the room was cleaned up once, at my express request ,in the bathroom once. Toilet had not been cleaned at all. Complimentary water should be provided daily , but it was only on the first day. It was a double room, but you had to ask for second towel , because they gave us only one . As staff saw that I own shampoo - they took the hotel's one . About all you need to stand up a few times, because the service just ignores guests . From the window on the second floor view was on littered square, but sometimes you managed to see a little sea through the trees . The nearest restaurant you have to walk about 15 minutes, to the beach 5 minutes . The hotel does not have any attractions. There is the impression that no one is working . Around the pool left dirty towels , glasses , bottles , and no one cleans up in the evening. Hotel cleaning lady serves also breakfast for guests. She puts the bread with bare hands and never wonders about it. The full plates of food disappear somewhere in the back door . Overall, my bad impression about this hotel concerns cleanliness and service who treats guests as a unnecessary evil . The hotel was selected and booked for us by our friend in his name and he paid for all, so we could not change anything. I would never stay at this hotel and would not recommend to others. Nightmarish experience that ruined my stay in Greece. Even in Cambodia hotels were cleaner and more organized. Overall - a Greek tragedy .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends