Golden Sun Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$136
US$79
Glyfada Hotel(Glyfada)
US$147
Hotels.com
Palmyra Beach Hotel(Glyfada)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$137
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Blue Sky Hotel(Glyfada)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$115
Agoda.com
US$133
US$95
All reviewstram stoplocal informationshort breaknice beacheswalking distancecafes and restaurantshotel is situatedyogurtnice locationairportgreeceathens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We had an unplanned stay here as Olympic Airlines booked us in after a flight disruption. If we had not already been "grumpy" we may have enjoyed it more. It seemed like a very nice part of town but we were not up to exploring! The rooms were biggish and quite clean. The dinner was super boring and the pool looked very nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NZMike57
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Stayed one night and the staff especially Thao could not have
been more helpful. I recommend this hotel based on the happy friendly
vibe and the great breakfast with a great view to compliment it

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank McFlyoff
Reviewed 26 July 2007

while staying in athens a person recommended we go to glyfada for a few nights.at short notice it was hard to get a hotel.glyfada is fab,the only downside was this kip we stayed in. bathroom was filthy,no hot water,and was tiled in a v nasty brown colour from floor to ceiling.i could get over this(by staying out of it as much as possible) but what i can't get over is the way we were treated by staff. --shouted at by scary chambermaids while the owner watched!!!!!!!!!! i am v well travelled person and have never experienced anything as bad, so be wise and stay away!!!

Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank IrelandCat
Reviewed 4 September 2006

A hotel you have to avoid at all costs (I know this expression is a cliche, but this is a case where it applies perfectly!).
Rooms had been unfurbished for decades (we stayed there after the Olympic games, so if there were any refurbishment we would have been able to experience it). This is not much of a problem, but rooms were giving out the odour of old and rotten (I am sure you know what I mean). The same for the bathroom, which had black tiles and was giving the feel of unclean to the extend that we took only one shower over three days and only because we really had to! Keep in mind that I have been to the special forces, so naturally I am not a squeamish kind of person (neither over-sensitive, this is for the experiences below)!
Breakfast was average, small selection, but ok if the rest were acceptable.
Staff were indifferent at best (i.e., only one young person in the reception was like that) and rude/aggressive at normal! Many examples! I was "ordered" by the staff member in breakfast that I must not pick from a particular bowl of cereals with a particular type of spoon! I was almost verbally attacked with insults when I called the recemption to ask for ironing facilities (how could I ask for this on a Sunday?)"! We were passing through the reception with a friend we had met after many years going to the room to take my jacket to go out for dinner when we were told (in a high tone) by the manager(?) that we will have to pay additional rate for going with an additional person to the room!
We were surpised that the hotel has a swimming pool. Normally, you have to have basic manners to offer such facilities!
The advice is to avoid at all costs (unless you are a social scientist or a marketing consultant and you want material for your research!). I believe you can find easily another hotel in Glyfada. Even picking randomly I do not think there is any possibility to fall into something even remotely as bad.

8  Thank Willelm
Reviewed 29 April 2005

We stumbled on this hotel by accident, looking for a place to stay on our last night in Greece. It is priced at a similar level with 3-star hotels around Omonia square (and 2-star hotels around Syntagma), but is suprisingly luxurious and comfortable. It has large rooms and balconies, nice breakfast with hot omelet and sausage, great bathrooms with shower curtains (rarity in Greek hotels), moderately priced room service with ice cream and fruits, ample parking on the street, very large pool and great stuff. Also, there is a tram stop a block from the hotel, where you can board a new air-conditioned tram and be in downtown Athens in 45 minutes. The only negative is that the drive to the airport is through a very industrialized area, with traffic lights every quarter mile that all seem to turn red just as you come up to them.

• Stayed: April 2005