“Great Hotel”
Review of Congo Palace Hotel

Congo Palace Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Glyfada
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I've stayed at the Congo Palace for around ten weeks over a twelve month working period,so you could say I know it well!
The hotel has comfortable rooms and is always clean and tidy.
The hotel staff are very friendly, and always happy to assist with any questions
The pool is open during the summer months only but it is a sun trap through the day and has waiter service for drinks etc
Breakfast has a good choice if you like a fry up or cereal if you are feeling healthy. However the breakfast drinks are very lacking unless you want to pay for a better coffee or hot chocolate.
Internet access is good but can work out to be very expensive if you dont choose the right type of prepay card .. 500 minutes works out best value as you can hop on for an hour or so each night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side with a bath and shower as these are bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Stephen G

Reviewed 6 December 2011

This hotel was so great! The service was amazing, they helped a lot and gave great advice, spoke wonderful english! The rooms are nice, had a day bed in it. The bathrooms are perfect size and the hotel was clean, I would recommend this hotel to everyone! The location is good, right next to the tram and the x96 bus dropped you off about 150m from the hotel! Awesome, I recommend staying here and taking the tram into Athens for the day : )

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed 28 November 2011

"I stayed four nights at the Congo Palace in Glyfada (seaside) area because it was peaceful and convenient - away from the downtown area which had major demonstrations at the beginning of November 2011. Glyfada has many nice restaurants, stores (high-end), banks, and mobile centers. The Airport Express 96 bus costs only 5 euro and takes about 25 minutes to reach Stasi Antonopoulos (the bus stop which is right in front of the hotel). The tram to downtown (takes about 1 hour) is only two blocks away. And the bus terminal and taxi queue at Glyfada Square are also nearby. In addition, there are many buses that stop in front of the hotel. The reception area is spacious with a bar, seating, and wide-screen TV. Wireless access in the lobby is free. All the staff I met (Christina, Antonis, Eleni, and Angelos) were cheerful, helpful, and went the extra mile to assist. (e.g., I had a courier service pick up a packet to take to the Children's Art Museum downtown. Antonis signed for me and promptly gave me my receipt.) The dining hall for breakfast (7-10 am), overlooking an enclosed patio with the outdoor pool, offered a very good buffet. The elevators to the room were clean, modern with a digital voice announcing each floor in Greek and English. I liked my room with the balcony overlooking the pool because it was quiet (away from noisy Poseidonos Street). The non-smoking room had a double bed, digital safe, mini refrigerator, TV, desk with two chairs, chest of drawers, and bathroom with tub/shower in marble. Because I stayed off-season (after October 15th), I paid an excellent rate for the room, which included breakfast. The weather was nice and the walk to the nearby seaside and harbor was inspirational, watching the sunset. I'm happy that the Congo Palace Hotel met all my expectations, and I would highly recommend this hotel to others. I usually stay in downtown Athens, but I plan to stay here in the future. Euxaristw, Congo Palace!"

Room Tip: Rooms facing outdoor pool are quieter than the street side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Paraskevi_Athina
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Great hall and that's all. The worst room I've ever seen! The rooms are not cleaned, we've found a used condom near the bed! unbelievable! the breakfast was horrible, few foods and people smoked in the kitchen. You cannot have a bath because in the bathroom there wasn't the bath plug. one of the two elevator didn't work. The wall light on the aisle didn't work.
I mean the area is very good but not this hotel. Glyfada is a tourist area with many good shops and amazing pubs.
So don't choose this hotel

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank ResanaDebora
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Good location- near marina and shopping. Nice looking main areas- best in this price range that we stayed in Greece. With Athens traffic this location was much better for the airport commute. We didnt use the airport bus bc we had too much luggage but the stop was right there. We had a family room which was basically a suite (2 rooms). This was the only time in greece we didn't just have 4 single beds wall to wall. And good variety on breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank samkapil
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Can't comment on how to get there directly from the airport as we came from another hotel in athens but if you're doing the same then a tram takes you to where all the shops/restaurants are 5 minutes away from the hotel.

Our check in was easy and only gripe we had was we had to change room a couple times as the lan cable port didn't work in a couple rooms, they do provide cables but I would take your own if you need the internet during your stay.

Location wise, there are bus stops right outside and we took a trip to Sounio on the bus but it only came once an hour with no times on the stop so a little hard to figure out, though beaches all nearby incase you miss a bus.

Breakfast was nice, plenty of the usual european/continental fare for a 4* hotel. There are lots and lots of restaurants near by from the chain Applebees to local restaurants and souvlaki places. We quite liked Goody's if you're on a tight budget, it was a mix of burger stuff with pasta's and salad, quite decent for a fast food place.

We had an enjoyable stay and was more relaxed and enjoyable than our central athens hotel, it was easy enough to get back into central athens too and would return if going to Glyfada.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reensx
Reviewed 3 November 2011

we stayed 11 nights in July. pool was been renovated.
public beach across the road. try dreams beach 10 min walk down the road (busy)
Staff very friendly especially Manwel (Bar Man)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends