“Authentic Mediterranean fish restaurant”
Review of Sardelaki

Sardelaki
Ranked #5 of 272 Restaurants in Glyfada
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Tonight we visited sardelaki after it was recommended by a fellow hotel guest and waitress at our hotel bar. We were told it is where locals often visit and that the food is simple yet fresh. We sat at our table and were given a bottle of water to drink as we browsed the menu. It was a little while before someone came to take our order but it was nice not to be rushed. The waiter was helpful explaining different dishes and what we might like. A selection of appetisers were brought around while we ordered and our starters arrived very quickly. The food was delicious and of good quality. Portion sizes were perfect and we were totally satisfied with our meal. A little while after our plates were cleared we were brought a sorbet in a small glass. For an authentic Mediterranean meal, where you are not constantly rushed pressured by staff I could not recommend this highly enough.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

So after visiting I read the bad reviews...

Not from me!

I ordered squid, shrimp and crab thinking that at the prices I would be getting relatively small taster plates.

Whoa! Full size portions of simple, fresh, delicious seafood!

I managed the first four or five crabs which arrived as my third course and was then beaten.

Like many I was somewhat surprised by the lack of credit card acceptance and unlike others will choose not to assume why.

If you take cash and don't expect pretty food just want seriously tasty food then it's fabulous.

Oh for those complaining about the young waiters eyeing up the passing skirt! Give the lads a break, you were doing the same at 18 and to be fair, the waitresses and lady dinners were very pretty to watch pass by too!

SATISFIED DINER!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This must be one of the busiest if not the busiest restaurant in Glyfada. I went there last year and really liked it....what a difference a year makes. The service is a bit hit and miss. They have an army of waiters as it gets really busy. All of them wearing ear phones and state of the art technology to be as fast to respond as possible. Yet it's pot luck to get someone really efficient or someone who is more interested in chatting to his friends on the queue or some blonde Scandi customer. Then onto the food. It's good but how can you get it wrong if you order salad, squid and sardines?? Everywhere in Greece you get served this, they learn to prepare this dishes in the cradle! Quantities were however smaller than last year. Now what really annoyed me was the fact that this restaurant, packed day in day out does not accept credit cards. I didn't have cash on me at the time and was asked to withdraw money from an ATM while the other guest was asked to wait for me. In this day and age, in the most exclusive area of Athens, a busy restaurant is not accepting credit cards. I would understand this if I was in a remote village in the Peloponese... This to me is the root of many of the problems Greece has and it's an embarrassment for those Greeks who are trying to make a living with honesty and hard work. Never again Sardelaki.

3  Thank Bonniepaws
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We sat and ate at the half empty restaurant on a Friday night having eaten at this restaurant before. The food is mediocre. For example the octopus was small in portion and bad quality, the Calamari was RE-FRIED and very poor quality.
The hummus was good.

The service was awful as the waiters were more interested in any skirts that passed and seemed to be constantly on heat instead of serving customers!

However we went to pay and they refused to take any form of card. We later found out that the restaurant owner is not paying tax on his earnings and he became irate at us for questioning his ethics..

He marched us to a neighbours restaurant and we paid through his card machine.

The restaurant owner was swearing and shouting at us when we left and threatened to hit us so after paying we left promptly. We considered going to the police but they do nothing, it's Greece...

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

6  Thank Greta S
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with the service, from the first moment they were ready without hesitation. The quality and quantity of the food was excellent. The waiter came to us with all the first dishes in a big tray and let us pick them straight of it. Very impressed with that. The prices were moderate.