“Great food, very nice people”
Review of Four Seasons Hotel

Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Glyfada
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I visited the Hotel Four Seasons last month. The location is great, close to shopping, the beach and the tram that takes you right in to Athens. The staff in the restaurant and at the desk was all so wonderful. I had some people who were trying to reach me while I was staying there and the gentleman at the front desk made sure I got all my messages. Like most places in Greece they like you to leave your key at the front desk when you leave and by the second day the gentleman who worked there knew me on sight and had my key ready for me. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was a mini fridge, tv and air-conditioning. The bed was tiny but it was just me so I didn't mind. Then there was the food, it was amazing and generous. They really went above and beyond on both the breakfast and dinner buffets with delicious Greek offerings. There was something for everyone and it was all good. The lobby was very pretty, well air-conditioned and the common free computer worked well.
Some criticisms.... The carpeting all over needs to be updated. For some reason my toilet would not flush for me, even when I pushed the button for 3 minutes but the cleaning staff could somehow get it to work. The batteries in the remote for the AC in some rooms was out as well as the TV remote. However the AC remotes are universal so I just turned it on for my fellow travelers. Free wifi only lasts for a limited number of hours, you may be able to get a new password after that but I didn't ask. I enjoyed my stay with the Four seasons and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel is close to the airport and there is no traffic around the area. Just 20 minutes drive and no tools to go to the airport, So if you just need a place to sleep and rest before of after a flight its ok. Small parking around the hotel, usually full especially during weekend. The rooms are small and the furnitures old and the carpet pretty dirty. I stayed there twice before and after my vacations on the greek islands. The first time i had booked 2 suite rooms with sea view for 45 euros each so it was really convinient. The second time, 88 euro for 2 double rooms with interconnecting door. In june that's really cheap so there's a reason why would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Its hard to know where to start this review ..... We thought we where booking " A Four Seasons Resort hotel" made at the last moment as travel plans changed, But its name is where all similarities end. The reception area is nice area, with a bar and free WIFI and outside seating, Friendly and helpful staff. but the rest of the hotel is in need of modernisation, the decor and rooms are dated but the bedrooms where clean and the bed was very comfortable. I am not sure I would stay again but its value hotel and you get what you pay for. Great location in Glyfada, close to beaches and so very trendy bars.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed before, as convenient between airport and port. Nothing special but okay for 1 night. This last time had to cancel at last minute due to major strikes in Greece, taxis, public transport and air traffic control which prevented our flight from landing. No sympathy whatsoever from the hotel. Just charged me the full amount of the reservation to my credit card. Refused to waive their cancellation policy. Obviously I wont be staying there again.

Generally, its nothing like a real four season hotel (how they get away with using the brand name is amazing) , just okay for a night and the breakfast is dismal.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2010

For a three star hotel it is good, but taking into account the money it asks, maybe you can find something better. However, I would stay again there.

Pros: Nice american breakfast, free parking, free wireless internet access, proximity to Glyfada center and beach, very friendly staff, spacy room and bathroom.

Cons: Really bad and dated decoration of the hotel (except for the reception area). They certainly need new carpets, a modern TV set and working electronic cards for the doors.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This hotel is located 45 minutes from central athens but the tram stop is just a few minutes walk away. It was easy to get from the airport though, we got a bus straight to the hotel.

I booked this hotel by mistake thinking it was a city centre hotel but was happy to have stayed in the Glyfada area as we got to see another part of Athens and luckily it was away from all the protests! Its quite a trendy area with many cafes and restaurants. Even the pizza hut and Starbucks look really upmarket. The pizza hut's pizza was really good.

The decor and rooms are a little dated but the bed was very comfortable. The hotel also has free wifi access which was handy. The staff a very helpfull and gave us good information on how to get to the centre and onto our next destination.

Breakfast was really basic, the cornflakes wasn't kelloggs and the tea was poor.

Apart from this the hotel was reasonable in cost but I wouldnt stay there again.

The hotel decor is a little dated too and is in need of some modernisation. The rooms looked old and the bathroom even older. The water actually stopped a few times when I was having a shower and had to wait for it to come back on!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We stayed in this hotel on recommendation of our Canadian friends and do not regret following their advice.
In 3 minutes walking distance there is a tram station, from which in 40 minutes you can get to the centre of Athens. Besides, you can get to the beach on foot.
The hotel “Four Seasons” is not the one for people spending vacation in their room and seeing the city through the window, but it is really advisable for those who need just B&B.
It is a good balance of convenient location, reasonable price and friendly atmosphere.
Actually we didn’t see the staff, but for the reception, still the rooms were clean, the taps were functioning and the food in the breakfast room was served. So it must be attributed to good work of the personnel and management.
The work of the reception was an example of friendliness, respect and helpfulness. Professionalism of Mr. Kapitzis definitely adds a touch of a 5-stars hotel to “Four seasons”.

• Stayed: June 2009